CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Not the Best Decision I’ve Made *Updated

Yesterday afternoon, Matt and I decided to go out for a run after we got home from camping and unloaded the cars. We had just stepped outside, when it started raining a tiny bit. We started to reconsider whether or not to go running, but the rain is so sporadic out here, that we decided to just go for it anyway. It was mostly my decision...I was aching to get out and run after how badly I ate on our camping trip. However, this was not one of the better decisions I have made in my life...
We had no issues for the first 2/3 of the run. It felt really good and we were running at a good pace. Then huge raindrops started falling around us. The raindrops turned into small pieces of slushy hail. Then the tornado sirens started to go off. We quickened our pace a bit because we had no other option other then to get home. We weren’t far away and of course we had left our poor puppies in the back yard. We turned the last corner of the run and I immediately gasped at the tornado I saw forming a couple miles to the south! It wasn’t very big and the storm was moving southward, so we weren’t really worried. But it was an amazing sight!
We got home fine and the puppies were glad to see us. I felt so guilty for leaving my dogs out in a tornado though! My current count is: 2 tornadoes witnessed in Colorado and 0 in Kansas. That just seems odd somehow. I have seen 2 tornadoes out here in the past year!
Just thought I would share that story. Camping post and pictures to follow shortly.

*update: this is a link to a video of the Aurora tornado. Thanks, Alissa!

Tornado, Aurora, Colorado - iReport.com
Source: www.ireport.com

0 comments: