CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

GGCSP

Here are a few photos of our first camping trip of the summer. I didn't take as many pictures as I hoped, but at least I got some! By the way, GGCSP stands for Golden Gate Canyon State Park, which is where we spent the weekend.



Our campsite...with the tarp set up as a wind break. It was SO windy.


Pongo in a chair, thinking he is a human. :)


I got Matt a surprise for our first camping outing...a camp axe! Here, he is having fun chopping up a pine branch (which was already cut from a tree). Sometimes I wonder if this was a wise purchase. :)


Perdi did fairly well for her first camping trip. She definitely does not like the camp fire or the smoke. But she was a trooper. We brought her sweater and Pongo's jacket because our dogs are spoiled. But it turns out that the evenings were really chilly, so I'm glad I packed them.




Pongo is definitely an indoor dog, even in the wilderness. As you can see, he made himself at home in our tent.
At "Dude's Fishin' Hole" along our Saturday hike. It was such a pretty lake...you would think they could come up with a better name!



The rest of the hikers behind me on the path. Pongo REALLY wanted to lead the hike, so I took advantage and snapped a picture of the rest of the gang. The hike was nice, but there were a bunch of runners participating in a race along our path, so we had to keep stepping to the side to avoid them. I think they may have been running a marathon, but the path was really steep and rocky and I can't imagine running in those conditions.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great pictures. Andrew, too, loves to use a camping axe! Yikes! Have you guys ever been camping at the cragg's (not sure how it is spelled)? We went there once and it is fabulous. It's pretty rustic but I guess that's how camping should be. Right?