CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monday's Blog Part 2: Fathers and Birthdays

A couple very important celebrations occurred this weekend while we were gone. First of all, since Father's Day was Sunday, I just have to send a big ol' Happy Father's Day out to all of the dads in my life. Grandpa Govert, Bill and of course my own dad...I am honestly at a loss for words to describe how lucky I am to have you in my life, each in your own different way.

I am especially thankful for my dad. We have been chatting a lot more by phone recently and this is something I really enjoy and appreciate. Sometimes I call my dad after I get really worked up by a political debate I have been having with various people. It's nice to hear someone who agrees with me on pretty much everything in that regard, espcecially when I sometimes feel completely alone in my views. Of course there are many many more things that I appreciate about my dad, but that is just one thing that comes to mind as I write this.

The second part of this post belongs to my wonderful husband, who celebrated his 26th birthday as we were driving to Ames on Friday. I am lumping him into my father's day post because he is already a great "dad" to our two beagles. Trust me, he gets a huge howling fanfare everytime he comes home from work, and it's pretty obvious how much those two dogs love him...ALMOST as much as I do. :)

I have mentioned in many previous posts how hard it is right now for the two of us, having such crazy and opposite work schedules. I think Matt has it a lot worse than I do, because he can't really hang out with a lot of friends during the day since they are working. But he always encourages me to go see my friends when i can, even though he doesn't get the same opportunities.

Perhaps the best part about our relationship is that Matt and I are friends underneath everything else (husband & wife, pharmacist and photogrammetrist, "doggy dad and mom," etc.) When all or one of these additional resposibilites we have become stressful, I love that we can joke and laugh like we used before everything else came along and everything is OK.

Oh, and have I ever mentioned that Matt gives the BEST back massages? He spoils me so much. I try to spoil him back, though sometimes it's in unexciting ways such as keeping the house clean or walking the dogs extra far so that they will let him sleep in.

When I think back on what we were doing last year at this time to celebrate Matt's birthday, (I honestly can't even remember!) I am amazed at how much has changed in just one year! Granted, this as been a momentous year of changes for us, but I am still excited about what things i will be pondering next year at this time and for many many years to come.

I love you, Matt and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Life is so fun and exciting with you...

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Last year we went out to eat at Houlihan's with Marcos and Nate I believe, followed by a night of Matt thinking he was awesome at Wii even after a couple... :)

Laura said...

Yeah, JUST remembered that this morning because I had emailed Ricky and Marcos THAT morning and I was so thrilled that they came! And I was glad you were there too of course! Man, that seems like a lifetime ago.

Anonymous said...

yeah... amazing text ))

Anonymous said...

я так считаю: мне понравилось!! а82ч