CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dream State

I have been having fantastically realistic dreams (nightmares?) lately. There seems to be no end to them. Last week, I dreamed that I climbed up the stairs of a water tower-like structure. When I got to the top, the stairs had magically disappeared and I was suddenly crazy scared of heights, which has never been an issue for me before. I woke up just as I was starting to really panic in my dream and it took me about 30 minutes to calm down.
Yesterday, I took a nap when I got home from work. I was dreaming that I was home alone with the dogs and the doorbell rang. A guy was standing on my front porch talking on his cell phone with his back to me. I somehow knew that he was going to violently attack me and at the same time that the front door suddenly disappeared. Then I woke up.
Last night I had another nightmare as well, but I can’t remember it well enough to retell. The most vivid part occurred in the middle of the night and was lost on me by morning. Anyhow, I am not really sure what is bringing all of these crazy dreams on. I have not made any significant changes to my lifestyle, other than running a lot more, but I have been doing that for a couple months now. The nightmares are a recent thing.
Speaking of sleep, Matt and I will be super tired this afternoon. He is working a bonus shift and had to be at work at 6 am. He got home last night at 10:45 and we stayed up for a while after that. I needed to bank some work hours of my own for next weekend (we are going to Iowa for a wedding) and so I got up with Matt so that I could just get work done early and have the rest of the day for whatever pleases us. I think we are planning on napping, running, dog park, dinner and a movie. That’s a pretty full day including work, so we’ll see if all of that really happens.
Pongo went to work with me today, for which I am thankful. It is pretty creepy there alone, even in the morning daylight. Poor Perdi stayed home alone in her kennel. I just can’t bring her into work yet. She won’t lay down long enough for me to be productive. Pongo rested peacefully under my desk for 6 hours. He is SO good and such a great companion to have at work.

0 comments: