CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ames Adventure

Well I didn't mean for it be a whole week between posts! It seems I got really caught up trying to get everything ready for our trip to Ames. Dont worry...I have much in store this week! I have so much I need to post...I have already finished most of a multi part series and I will post them gradually through the week. I'm going to start with some pictures and stories of our trip to Ames, since I happen to have Matt's camera plugged in to my computer for once!
I mentioned in my last blog post how I felt a bit like a travel agent and how I had booked a reservation with Enterprise for a rental car. Well Matt and I left good and early on Friday morning to go get our car since an agent had called the night before to let us know that we should "come in early because he didn't know if he would have the exact car we requested." I took this to mean that maybe we would get an upgrade, or possibly a little compact car which would not be ideal but it would work. It turns out that that they didn't have ANY cars for us, to which I asked why I even bothered to make a reservation.
The only option we were given was to wait for someone to bring their car in, but since we had a 10 hour drive ahead of us, we told the guy to cancel our "reservation" and we would take our own car. I was especially upset because there were three guys in that tiny office twiddling their thumbs when they could have been picking up a car from another branch for us. :) Anyhow, we didn't want to spend all morning finding a different rental car, so we hit the road. Matt immediately called the customer service line for Enterprise without any further success.
Unforutnately, the majority of the drive to Ames (once we got out of Colorado) was packed to the gills with semi trucks. I was unable to use the cruise control much through the entire state of Nebraska and there was quite a bit of construction.
Once we did get to Ames, we had a blast and it turned out to be a great weekend. Saturday morning, we slept in a bit and then I got up and was feeling ambitious, so I went running. I thought it would be a breeze since I am used to running in the higher altitude, but the air was so heavy and it was HOT out, so I had to walk some. We also had to take the Civic in to get its oil changed since it was getting close to being due. I would have had that done in Denver if I had known we would be driving it....
Anyway, after we did all that and got lunch, it was time to get cleaned up and head to the wedding. Here are a few picture highlights....

Matt with Renae, Jacquelyn and Jaime before the ceremony, a few good friends from college.

The reception was held in the gardens on the Iowa State campus. We had some time to spend before the reception started, so we walked around a bit. I HAD to get my picture taken by the T Rex head, of course!
Another dinosaur of sorts.
Matt played a pretty tune on this cool set of chimes.


In the rose garden...


Ryan and Laura's first dance.



Our one picture with Laura, and of course I had my eyes closed! :)

My handsome date.

Dancing to the "Cotton Eyed Joe."
The wedding was beautiful and lots of run. The trip home Sunday was a bit more relaxed with less truck traffic. Plus I didn't have to drive on the way home. :)
I always hate going back to work after such fun weekends like this past one. I wish we could do things like this more often!
Congrats again, Ryan and Laura!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun wedding! I am so glad we got to see you guys again so soon! :)

Laura said...

That was a fun wedding. It was awesome to see all of guys again! Hopefully we can find another time to get together soon.