CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Grade School Revisited

This summer, I will be participating in an activity I haven’t done since grade school. I joined a kickball league! I am very excited to get started, yet I wonder how good that this I will be. If grade school is any indicator, I will be the awkward and unathletic kickball player on the team who always gets out. However, I am hoping that there won’t be certain boys who pitch (more like hurl) the ball as hard as they can with the sole purpose of inflicting pain this time around. It will help if I am not scared of the kickball. :) We shall see. I am hoping for the best, and predicting disaster. More than anything, I am excited to have an “activity” to keep me busy.
It was so nice having Matt home for two evenings this week. I miss him so much and long to spend more time with him. I hate feeling like we lead separate lives. But we knew this was how things would be for a while when we made the decision to move here. Anyway, things should get better by the time fall rolls around but I don't want to speak too soon.
Our current situation does make the time we do have together more meaningful. However, those two evenings we had this week just seemed to tease me. It was nice to be able to split tasks and accomplish things together, instead of trying to communicate them while one of us is at work. Where I might have had to mow and cook and walk the dogs myself, it was so nice to be able to split the work, and have an extra set of hands while walking the dogs!
Ok, change of subject. I have to say that I was very pleased with my dogs last night. They let me take a much needed 2 hour nap, and rested right by me instead of causing trouble. I STILL feel refreshed from that nap this afternoon. I did reward them with an extra long walk last night, even though it was dark when we got back. I absolutely love being outside in Colorado this time of year, so I don't mind long walks. The evenings are still dry and cool and the pines smell so good, even in the middle of the suburbs. I am getting used to walking the dogs on leash. Perdi was in desperate need of some good leash training, and now she likes her leash more for sure. (Before, the leash always meant the end of her romp time in the dog park so she hated it.) So there is one good thing that came from the snake scare.
Pongo has always been good with the leash because he was raised in an apartment complex and had to be on leash every time he had to go out to potty. He was used to it from day 1 and still sits nicely while I put it on him. That's one thing Perdi is frustratingly stubborn about; I can't seem to get her to sit still while I put the leash on or take it off.
Ugh, sorry for another rather boring post. I should have some good stories after a weekend of camping. I’ll at least have pictures…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to be great at Kickball!! Do you guys have a team name picked out?? Sounds like a lot of fun!!! ~~ Manda

Brennan Walter said...

Grade school :D

We played kickball in Net Sports as a Sophomore.