CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In A Funk

I can’t believe how much rainy weather we have had lately. Of course, I am loving it all! I decided on Sunday that I needed a “personal day,” so I took a nap and read Breaking Dawn (the fourth “Twilight” book) until I finished. I had no choice. I couldn't put it down, and when I did, I couldn't stop thinking about it and anticipating what it had in store.I was so sad to finish that series and now I can’t wait until the second-fourth movies come out! I am considering re-reading the four books again already.
Matt and I have been in a bit of a funk lately. For me, our completely polar opposite schedules are just starting to get to me, as well as other things going on in my life right now. For him, I think it’s stress about deciding which position would fit him best at the hospital now that his #1 choice has gone to someone else. I think he has made a solid decision and is starting to get excited now. This position would move him primarily to days.
Matt has it a lot worse than me with his work schedule, because he can’t really hang out with friends as much since they work normal daytime hours. I am lucky in that I can socialize with friends and co-workers occasionally. When Memorial Day came around, I was so excited to have a vacation day, but that was quickly squashed when I realized Matt would be working. He worked the Sunday before Memorial Day too, to make up for our anniversary and he worked this past weekend because that was his assigned weekend. It just feels like we can't catch a day off together. He has had today and yesterday off as his weekend, just in time for me to go back to work. :) Like I said, our schedules are frustratingly opposite. However, it was nice to have him home when I got there yesterday and to cook and have dinner together and to not be alone all evening. That definitely brightened my mood.
Speaking having dinner together…yesterday Matt and I completely switched traditional roles in our household. He cooked and I did yard work. I was all sweaty already from running so I mowed the front yard and tamed the Mohawk in the back yard (sorry, forgot to take a picture!). I also raked up the grass clippings from the Mohawk because we don’t have a bag on our mower and the Mohawk was so tall that the clippings would have killed the grass with all the rain we are getting. I must say that the yard is looking good. I just hate that it’s not our own yard.
So Matt cooked his yummy chicken burgers and then we walked to the grocery store up the street to rent a movie from the RedBox. (It was free movie Monday). We took the dogs so that they would get worn out. Perdi is a frustratingly bad walker. She stops to sniff everything and sometimes she stops right in the path where I am about to step, so I have to trip over myself to avoid stepping on her. She also doesn’t know how to stay on the correct side of signs and trees so that her leash doesn’t get wrapped around them. And she likes to try to attack Pongo as we walk. Oh how I miss the dog park, but I’m still scared by the whole bull snake incident, and Matt or I see a snake of some sort every time we go these days. Our dogs run through the snake filled grass without a care in the world, and I couldn’t bear it if they got hurt. And with all the rain we have gotten, the plant growth is exponential, providing plenty of hiding places for rattlesnakes. I don’t want one of those to be the next snake I almost step on on the path…
This coming weekend marks our first camping trip of the season. Ironically, we are camping at the exact same site where Matt, Brennan, Brennan’s friend Seth and I camped last July when we were “homeless” for a couple days during our move. It was the last and only site still available to reserve, but it is a neat little place tucked back in the woods and away from the road. We will have to carry all of our stuff up the mountain a ways, but it is so worth it. We plan to go up Friday or Saturday, hike on Saturday and come back Sunday. This will be Perdi’s first camping trip, so we will see how she does. I am planning to bring lots of bones and chew toys just in case.
That’s all for now…

0 comments: