CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Mid June Already?!?

I absolutely cannot believe that it is mid June already. Time seems to be flying by! In four days, we will be celebrating Matt’s birthday with a road trip to Ames, Iowa for our friend Laura’s wedding. In three weeks, we will be official residents of Colorado for a year! We will also be back in KC to celebrate the 4th of July. Hopefully this year when we drive back with my brother in tow, we won’t have quite as much stress. (See my very first Mountain Millard blog post.)
I feel like a travel agent as of late, booking weekend trips and campsites. For our Iowa trip, I just finished taking care of the details for the dogs. (thanks again for picking up our puppies on Sunday, Carlene!) I also took care of our hotel reservations and rented a car. We decided to rent a car for this trip because we have put quite a few miles on the Highlander already with our drives to KC, Manhattan and Kingman in the past few months. We are also trying to conserve miles on the Civic in case we decide to trade it in sometime. Plus we got a good deal and it’s always fun to drive different vehicles.
So we are all set to go. Now I admit that there are more scenic road trips we could be taking, but Matt and I are both excited for Ames because we get to see many friends from college. Also, it’s a drive we’ve never done before (I-80 through Nebraska) and it will at least be a change from I-70, which we are getting to know quite well!
This past weekend was so nice in it’s own way, besides Saturday when Matt and I both got up at 5 am and headed to work. He picked up a bonus shift and I decided to bank some hours instead of using vacation time for our Iowa trip. We were both exhausted when we got home and took a two hour nap as thunderstorms rolled through Denver. It was amazing! We got up and decided to go for a run and walk the dogs. We had planned to out for dinner but got inspired to grill some burgers after smelling the grilling of others on our walk.
Sunday, we cleaned and went running and walked the dogs again before heading out to see Land of the Lost. (I insisted on this movie because it has a T-Rex in it.) :) It was a pretty good movie, but I can’t believe the things they put into PG movies these days! The language and the insinuations were appalling. I thought they tried to gear it too much toward the adult/parent crowd. Matt and I decided that our children will be limited to G rated Disney animated movies after that. :)
After the movie, we went to dinner at P.F. Changs which is a fancy Chinese restaurant. I was full after the soup and appetizer, but our meal included an entrée and dessert as well. I don’t think I have been that full in a long time and I brought most of my food home in boxes!
So now I only have three days of work to get through before our next weekend adventure. I am still trying to think of fun things and surprises to make Matt’s birthday special since we will be in the car most of the day.

0 comments: