CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spay Day


What an awful title, I know. It was about all I could think of. Poor Perdi had her surgery today. She is fine and curled up in my lap as I write this. I know she is still under a little bit of anesthesia, but her cuddliness is so welcome. It's like she's saying "Hold me mommy. I hurt."
Perdi whined all the way home from the vet. I don't think it was from pain, i think it was because she missed Pongo and just wanted to be home and away from such a scary situation.

Perdi had a "band aid" from the IV. I thought it looked cute, but she just wanted it off, so I obliged after a few photos.


Can you spot the incision? There is a lot of iodine on her body, but the actual cut is so small because we opted for a laproscopic procedure. It is only an inch long at most. It also blends in with all her beagle spots!










Here is the trooper right after we got home!








Matt took Perdi to the vet a little after 7 am. He left Pongo out as a test to see if his separation anxiety is any better now. The answer is no. He scratched up the door to the garage. Nothing a little stain can't handle...

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Perdie is so big now!! I'm glad everything went well.

Stephanie said...

It's normal for a dog to whine after surgery. I remember going into the vet clinic, when my mom worked there, on Surgery day and all you could hear was crying from dogs and cats coming out of the Anesthetic. It's so sad but it's only because they don't know whats going on.