CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Changes Abound

I hate these posts where I don’t really have anything significant to say. We had a pretty uneventful weekend, which was kind of disappointing. It’s mostly my fault because I haven’t been feeling very well. I just didn’t want to get up and around on Saturday.
Sunday was a little better. I did laundry, etc. and then got stir crazy. I just wanted to get out of the house. Matt and I went out and got some new athletic shoes. Then I went and got my hair cut and highlighted while Matt went golfing.
I really like my hair, although I would have been OK with her cutting it a little shorter in the back. I guess I really have a hard time communicating with stylists. I told her all I wanted was a cut and highlight, and found a picture of what I wanted the cut to look like. The lady must have thought I wanted my hair to be EXACTLY like the picture because she started talking about coloring it red. Luckily I avoided the red, but she did color all my hair (a similar brown as I had previously) as well as highlight it, which cost a lot more than just a highlight and cut. I was a little upset about the final cost, but since it looked good, I held my tongue and made a mental note to be more specific next time. Lesson learned!
We have been unable to take the dogs to the dog park since Perdi is still recovering from her surgery. She is noticeably more active and is driving us nuts by getting into everything she is not supposed to. It is pretty pointless to just take Pongo alone, since he is the calm one and very well socialized. We can’t wait until Perdi sleeps past 7 am, especially Matt.
Last week, I had to drop one of my Masters classes. It was just taking up too much time and really taking away from my ability to be successful in both classes, along with working 45 or more hours a week. I realize this will possibly set my graduation date back, but I have regained my sanity and my stress levels have significantly decreased.
I am going to spend the rest of this semester perfecting my applied statistics skills as well as re-evaluating if this Master’s degree is something that I really want/need to do. I hate the disappointment that I feel when I tell people my true doubts about finishing this. I just know that I can only stretch myself so far. If a program that is “geared toward working professionals” starts subtracting from my ability to be successful at my job, then something has to change. As it stands now, I am at a perfect balance between work and school and home life. I even have time to be sick! The question is, can I really do this for 5 years?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad if you rethink your grad school decision. It's okay to change plans. =)