CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's Not Time!

Here is something crazy: my brother took the ACT today! Since he is 10 years younger than me, this fact really creep me out. That, and the fact that I will be 26 on my next birthday...time passes SO fast these days. I wish I could just grab ahold of something and slow it down! Anyway, I think Brennan was mostly just taking that ACT for practice because he is still a sophomore, but I bet he will do way better than me on his first try. I told him I wouldn't reveal my score to him until AFTER he got his back. :) And even then, I'll still have to see . :D
The great thing about having conversations with my brother as of late, is that it seems like we finally have more to talk about. I mean this in the sense that we are both growing up and we have more in common. The age difference that once seemed so large is getting smaller and smaller by the day. For instance, I could advise him on the ins and outs of the ACT and SAT, while he gave me some funny bits of humor of getting root canals. (Luckily, mine is still confined to a mere crown.) I probably shouldn't publicize the fact that Brennan has already had a root canal, but I'm ever the evil big sister and this is my blog, so it stays! Sorry Brennan...
_________________________________________
I was so happy to get some time away from work and school to escape to the dog park with the puppies. The weather has been so beautiful all week. We really haven't had much of a winter to speak of yet. Just a few infrequent snow storms and a couple scattered periods of really cold days. I don't think it's gotten below 30 during the day for at least a month!
Now back to the dog park: Perdi tried to get some big dogs to chase her today, which she decided was a bad idea when they actually obliged. It is a good sign that she is interacting with other dogs though. She has been very shy in the past. It is also hilarious when she chases Pongo. She can't really keep up with him yet, so she lets out short little yips and shrieks as she chases him. Many people ask us if she is okay, or if she is in pain. But no, she is just telling Pongo that she is coming, so he better watch out!
This weekend is one of those weekends where Matt is working. I really hate these long periods of only having a couple hours together. However, I found myself accomplishing many of the things I needed to do for myself. I got all caught up on my school lectures and started my stats homework so that it won't add to my programming stresses during the week. I also figured out my term projects for both classes, which alleviated a lot of stress. Once I know what I am doing and how to go about doing it, I feel much better. The project is no longer a dark unkown in my future...I will be doing an analysis of the accuracy of airborn GPS without the use of a base station. Sounds complicated, I know. It is the perfect project though because it will double as a project for both classes and it will be beneficial for my company. Also, if all turns out well, I hope to submit it to the ASPRS for some scholarship money too!

0 comments: