CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Power of the Mind

I believe in the power of the mind. It seems to me that a simple thought can solve (or create) many problems. Let me explain. Say you haven’t been sick in a really long time, and you don’t even notice. And just then when you get to thinking “Wow, I really haven’t been sick in a long time,” you come down with a cold. It’s like one little thought can trigger a physical reaction.
I had a similar experience at work. My computer software used to crash a lot, which was really annoying. Recently, it has been running well until I had the thought “Wow, this software hasn’t crashed in a long time.” Five minutes later, it crashes. So many of these occurrences have been happening to me lately that it hardly seems like it can be coincidence. Now, if only I could use the power of my mind to figure out my latest programming issues for school…it suddenly doesn’t seem so easy as to “think it in.”

Last Saturday morning and Monday mornings, I had to get up at 4 am to let Pongo out. He usually has a bladder of steel, but we had been getting back late for different reasons (skiing, Super Bowl) and he had guzzled down water near bedtime. It was funny because he had to go so bad that he was scratching at the back door as I was fumbling with the lock! It was like he was saying “Hurry, mom! I gotta go NOW!” The 4 am part was not so great. I pretty much couldn’t sleep again after that and Perdi got restless and didn’t want to sleep either. Last night, she was whining in her kennel in the middle of the night as she usually does. I don’t even remember opening the kennel and letting her in to bed! I feel like a walking zombie.
Thursdays are usually the pinnacle of my week. It’s when most of my homework and labs are usually due, so after Thursday morning, I am feeling much better. But right now, I am in a “dither” about getting everything done right and on time. It’s really hard to concentrate on work when I am like this.
The last thing I really want to say is to thank everyone ELSE (besides Matt, whom I mentioned last time) who has given me encouragement in my pursuit of a Master’s degree. Family, friends, co-workers…all of your encouraging comments mean so much to me. I often have serious doubts as to whether or not I am capable of doing this, but your words always get me through! THANK YOU!

Matt usually posts a "song of the day" on his sports blog. (Check it out at drugdealingsportsfan.blogspot.com) I am not going to do this daily, but I just bought the new Fray album and it is wonderful. They didn't dissapoint, and I had some very high expectations. So my song of the day is:
"Never Say Never" by The Fray

1 comments:

Alissa said...

I believe in the power of the mind, too! I know you will be able to complete everything and do a good job, just keep pushin! It will be worth it and you will do wonderfully.