CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Isn't Life Funny?

Just the other day, I was thinking how the smallest things we do can impact our lives in a huge way. Here is my personal example:

My senior year of high school, I was facing a huge dilemma. To accept my offer of admission to James Madison University or to submit my housing application to KU. Both were due in mere days and my decision was coming down to the wire. Obviously, I went with KU, which was not a small decision to make. However, I clearly remember reading over each residence hall's description and even what different floors had to offer before submitting my housing form.

I decided on a whim check the "3E" floor box after reading about it. (3E = "Experiencing Excellence in Ellsworth.") And look what happened in my life because of that! I met Matt on that floor, we dated, got married and moved to Colorado. I also met some of my best college friends there. The most momentous events of my life happened because I checked that one little box...

Lesson learned: big decisions may be really hard to make, but the smaller ones can have just as much of an impact on life, if not more. I'm so glad I checked that box!
Lobster Matt and I in St. Lucia heading out to snorkel...all because I checked that box. : )

4 comments:

The O's said...

Love this, but it definitely puts more pressure on all of the small decisions that we make :)

Matt said...

My poor sunglasses. No in the ocean around St. Lucia. At least they are in a happy place.

Schmalice said...

I was just having that same conversation with your mother last night... coincidence? Hmmmm

Stephanie said...

If I hadn't moved to germany..............