CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wild Irishman

Things have been pretty uneventful around our house lately. We did manage to get up into the mountains for some skiing on Saturday. We went with a couple of our friends to Keystone, which is pretty much the only place we’ve gone this season. I didn’t think I wanted to go down any blue runs after the last time we went night skiing. They are still a little intimidating to me. However, I hate holding people back and since I was by far the worst skier of the group, I got adventurous and did some easy blues.
After a while, I went off by myself so that Matt could try his first black. I was definitely not going to attempt that. The green runs were really super crowded so I veered off on a blue called “Wild Irishman” which turned out to be a big mistake. Lesson learned: when a run is empty, there is a good reason. Wild Irishman was SO STEEP. I can’t believe they even classify it as a blue. So essentially, I ended up doing a near black run by myself. At least I wasn’t the only one going down the slope on my bum…one guy was skiing with his friend. It’s was his friend’s first time ever to ski. The friend was inching his way down, but at least standing up. The first guy told me “I thought this was a green!” He felt so bad for leading his friend down a near black on his first ski trip.
In dog news, Perdi has decided that rocks are tasty things to eat. Apparently, we don’t feed her enough, even though she gets more food than Pongo on a daily basis. We have some landscaping gravel under our deck. The other night, she threw up and it had a rather large rock in it! I can’t believe she got in into her belly without choking. That little dog is such a handful…we’re lucky she is still alive! We have been watching her and there doesn’t appear to be any more rocks in her belly. She is “functioning” properly.
And finally, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom. I am a couple days late with this, imagine that. Her birthday was March 1. Living so far away from family makes it hard to send proper birthday wishes. You can send cards and flowers, but it’s still not the same as actually physically being in their presence on birthdays, Mother’s Day, etc.
I wish I could have been in Manhattan to see my mom on her birthday. She is a strong woman who is devoted to her career more than anyone I know. I am sure that I have learned to be committed to my job and work hard from her example. It is also partly because of my mom that I moved to Colorado. I have fond childhood memories of taking a random road trip out here with no particular plan. We had lots of fun staying in cabins and hotels with drippy faucets and making “boats” out of sticks to float down mountain rivers. I wish my husband and I could find the time to take a random and unplanned trip like that and then I could re-live some of those memories.
My goal is to get my mom to read this blog. I know she doesn’t read it right now because she is really busy with lots of things and it just slips her mind to find the website. I do the exact same thing. But I just wanted everyone who DOES read this to know how awesome my mom is!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Julie!