CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

25 Random Things

Here are 25 random things about myself:

1. I consider it a good day when I haven’t spilled coffee on myself.
2. I have the worst memory in the world. I can be on my way to do something and forget what it is I was going to do.
3. I thought I was going to be an only child until I was 10, when my brother came along.
4. I never in a million years would have thought I would grow up to be a photogrammetrist and love my job so much. (Most of the time.)
5. My childhood heartthrob was Leonardo DiCaprio. I used to think I could converse with him telepathically.
6. I never really knew what college basketball was until I stepped foot on the KU campus. Then I became obsessed.
7. One of my biggest pet peeves is that no one in Denver seems to know what a turn signal is or how to use it.
8. I love “bad” weather. Rain, snow, sleet…it all puts me in a great mood. I only like sunny days when we are camping.
9. If I ever stop being a photogrammetrist, I want to open my own doggy day care. Cats will be welcome too.
10. I am not good at thinking of random things about myself.
11. At least half of my wardrobe comes from Maurices. I love that store, especially the dressy stuff!
12. I love having visitors at our house because I miss everyone and also, I get to do the Colorado touristy stuff that I love but don’t get to do very often.
13. I probably talk more to my dogs than I do to humans on a daily basis (because my husband works evenings). Dogs are good listeners though, unless they are more interested in chewing on your shoes.
14. I am a text-a-holic. I love sending and receiving text messages. Good thing our text message plan is unlimited…
15. The most stressful time in my life to date was moving to Colorado. It was even more stressful than a year’s worth of wedding planning!
16. I don’t know what I’ll ever do if my tire blows out on the road. I failed my tire quiz in driver’s ed at least 6 times before I passed it from memory. (Further proof of #1.)
17. Food for thought: Where does space end and what’s beyond it?
18. If I had 3 wishes, they would be for a cure for cancer, a cure for diabetes, and for a bazillion more Jurassic Park movies to be made.
19. Both of my basketball teams (Kansas and Purdue) made it to the Sweet 16 this year! Neither made it to the Elite 8. :(
20. It is sad that my supervisor now expects a sassy remark from me when he asks a question. For example:
Todd: Hey Laura, do you happen to know how to program ASCII into Binary?
Me: Sure, Todd. I keep a manual for that in my back pocket.
*It’s a good thing we both have a sense of humor.
21. I don’t like books that make me think. If I’m reading for enjoyment, I’d rather read something that lets my imagination go wild instead of analyzing every sentence.
22. I have the BEST friends and family I could ever ask for. And I don’t tell them that enough.
23. I have spent way too long on this list, so I am going to end it at 23.



Hope you enjoyed this a little bit!

1 comments:

Casie said...

#5 - How funny! =)