CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Oral Surgery

Yesterday, I had my consultation appointment for my wisdom teeth extraction. I rebelled against my horrible dentist and found my own oral surgeon, other than the one she recommended. I really like this guy. He has a lot of experience and has a really small practice in Cherry Creek. He was very straight forward with me with worries and recommendations. Basically, he said my operation would be very easy after looking at my panoramic x-ray. There is one tooth with its roots very near a nerve, so he said that might cause me some additional pain.
I am surprised that the operation will only take 45 minutes to an hour. I thought it would take longer. I was also pleasantly surprised that it will cost LESS THAN A CROWN for one tooth, to have 4 wisdom teeth taken out. My oral surgeon also pre-wrote my percriptions, so that we don't have to go fill them after I come out of surgery and am groggy and in pain. Very thoughtful...Matt says he gave me "the good stuff." :)
I opted for general sedation rather than local or moderate sedation. Dr. Waggoner was highly in favor of this, even though I went through oral surgery before with only moderate sedation. I am pretty sure I'd rather just be out and not aware of what is going on. I don't want to feel huge teeth being broken in my mouth even with moderate sedation.
I left the consult with a very good feeling. First impressions are everything and I had no worries about this guy. We'll see how the operation goes though. If he does well, he will get Matt's business in addition to mine. Looking back, I should have listened to my gut feeling about the bad dentist and just left...but I was really worried about my tooth and didn't want to wait any longer to get it looked at.
So there's the update on the upcoming excitement with my teeth! Terribly dull and broing, I know. Hopefully I will be feeling well enough over the weekend to be able to have some fun with Matt and Alissa! And speaking of that, I better get myself in gear and start getting ready for her visit. The countdown is down to 6 days until her arrival!

0 comments: