CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Souvenir

Hello, everyone. With as long as it's been since my last post, you are probably wondering if I made it through my wisdom tooth extraction alright! Well, I am fine but it has been one crazy experience so far.
I must say I was a little nervous about the whole operation. Thursday evening, Matt called on his way home from work and asked if I wanted anything for my “last meal.” What he meant was to ask if I wanted anything in particular since I wouldn’t be eating solid foods for a while, but it certainly didn’t ease my worries. :)
Friday morning, I got up and showered and then took my valium, which took effect almost at once! I was pretty loopy on the way to the oral surgeon (luckily, Matt was driving). They took me back right away and about all I can remember is the prick of the IV going into my arm and the oral surgeon talking about KU Basketball and how unfortunate it was that they lost so early in the Big 12 tournament.
I woke up about 45 minutes later to Matt holding my hand. It was so nice to have him be the first thing I saw when I woke up. I was still really groggy when I needed to leave and the nurse pushed me out in a wheelchair. (The recovery room was occupied). I don’t even really remember picking Alissa up from the airport or getting Juice Stop on the way home. All I know was that my bed felt SOOOO good as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I probably slept for 3 hours, and then the pain woke me up. So I got up and took my meds and laid on the couch, watching a movie with Matt and Alissa.
I guess what amazes me the most is how I have NO recollection of the operation at all. Why This makes sense, since I was completely out? It was just so startling to go to sleep one minute with my wisdom teeth snug my mouth and wake up (seemingly) the next moment with them gone.
I did manage to get a souvenir of my experience. Apparently when I was drowsy and groggy and unable to remember anything, I asked the oral surgeon if I could keep my teeth. So he sent me home with a sterile bag with 4 huge teeth wrapped in gauze. I think I will take a vote in today’s comments and see how many people want me to post a picture of them here! :)
They ARE pretty cool...

3 comments:

annaO said...

Oh! Please post a picture! Justin forgot to ask for his and I really wanted to see them. Are they still all in one piece? They had to break his all apart.

The O's said...

Post please :) What strange curiosities we all have lol

Laura said...

Anna, they are indeed still intact. At least three of them are...
It looks like the "yeses" have it. I will post a picture. They are a little bloody though. I will try to clean them up a bit before I photograph them. :)