CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Week Late

As promised, I am posting pictures from our camping trip with Jake. I realize i am about a week late with these, but our recent outing with Nick and Carlene motivated me to get these up. I didn't get any pictures from this weekend, but we had a great time as usual. My favorite part of our camping trips is driving through the mountains. Matt and I always try to take the scenic route home so that we can take in the view longer.

Okay, that's all. Enjoy the pictures!

The clouds were so low, they covered the tops of the nearby mountains.
This river was pretty cool. There were plants and trees growing on the rocks in the middle. And it was flowing pretty fast due to all of the rain. My mom would have like it there a lot.
Pongo was scared of the noise of the water. We were on a bridge, so you can't blame the little guy.

Our new tent! Jake got to break it in for us on this trip.

It was cold, so we put Pongo's sweater on him and he made himself at home in a chair in front of the fire. I really think he believes he is a person too. We treat him that way, so it's our fault!
Matt and Jake finished off the rest of the fajitas! I caught Jake mid-bite. :)
Jake in my pink chair. I think it suits him well!
He found a big boulder to climb....
and climbed it! Pongo jumped up too...it was amazing!
This is where we camped...

It was a lot of fun, despite the rain and cold. We had some rain and hail this past weekend at Cold Springs. It was a pretty interesting and loud experience to be in a tent during hail! Don't worry, the ice turned to slush as soon as it hit the tent. We could have taken cover in my car as well.

This week, the excitement at work is that our CEO is visiting the Denver branch of Woolpert. And then, Alissa comes to town on Friday! We're glad she's going to spend her last ever Labor Day Weekend (in college) with us!

0 comments: