CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Girl's Work Is Never Finished

It's Wednesday. So far this work week, in no particular order, I have:

  • Worked 29 hours
  • Finished 2 1/2 airports
  • Run 8 miles
  • Negotiated car insurance, renters insurance and even talked life insurance with our agent.
  • Called my bank in Kansas, then the state of Kansas, then my bank again to try to figure out where my car title is and how to get it to register my car and get tags. Then I called the state of Colorado, who said I don't even need it.
  • Faxed a jewelry appraisal to my insurance agent to insure my engagement and wedding bands, only to hear that the appraisal is over a year old and I need a new one.
  • Acquired an emissions test, then a VIN Verification test, then obtainied Colorado tags for my car (finally!)
  • Acquired a Colorado drivers license.
  • Eye-witnessed my first tornado ever (in Colorado, go figure!)
  • Registered to vote
  • Re-packed two tents in their cases for our upcoming weekend camping trip with Nick and Carlene
  • Reserved a campsite at Cold Springs Campground (happily!)
  • Ridded our garage of the rest of our boxes from moving in the hopes that Matt can begin parking in there.
  • Ate the best Mexican food I have had in a long time. (And I ate so much I was nearly sick!)

It has been a jam packed couple of days. I am finally almost officially a resident of Colorado now. Now I just have to work on Matt's car. (I volunteered since there is a title/registration place very close to my office.) He did the worst part already and got his emission test done. It seems that Colorado doesn't really care if you are the owner of your car or not, as long as it has low emissions. Kansas is exactly opposite in that they require you to have the title in hand, but they have never required an emissions test. I just wanted to show the guy at the testing place the sticker on my car that says ULEV. (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle.) It would have saved some time and money. Oh well. I passed! AND I didn't have to take a written test to get my license since my KS license didn't expire until 2012. Those little things made this mess a lot easier to get through.

Well the last item in the list tonight is to go to wal-mart and get a chuck key for matt's drill (which got lost in the move) so that we can drill two holes in my front bumper and attach the front Colorado tag. I can't wait to get into the mountains this weekend!

3 comments:

mom m said...

Whew! Makes me tired just to think about doing all that! You are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is an amazing list. You are ahead of me. I still have my Kansas drivers license and I will have been an Ohio resident for 3 years in November. Oops! I suppose I also ought to do that soon!

Laura said...

Well the main reason I got a new drivers license is because I have to have one in order to vote in the election. And since I didn't have to take a test, I figured I might as well! PLUS, I got pulled over once in Kansas City with my parents' address still on my license and the policeman threatened to add money to my ticket for having an old address!