Skip to main content

Misses

Don't worry, I'm not going to write another long post about all the things I miss about Kansas. I do miss a lot of things, but if I think about it, it makes me sad. No, what this post is about is the fact that Matt starts his job on Tuesday and there are so many things that are going to change again.
Since he'll be working from 2 pm to 10:30, we won't really see each other during the week. He'll get home as I'm going to bed and I'll get up before he does (most likely). It's going to be hard not being together for dinner and normal things like walking the dog and watching movies. It just seems like when things get semi-normal again, everything is thrown out of balance by another change.
Well, on a better note, I think things at work are getting better. I was overwhelmed by how fast I was expected to know how to do this first project but my supervisor says I'm doing fine and I'm almost done with my first airport with not too many misses. (Ha! Misses again...good title!) I only left out a couple trees that broke the obstruction surface by a couple feet. Not bad!
I really wish I had some more pictures to post. Hopefully we'll get some good ones this weekend, whatever we end up doing.
Oh, and Matt takes his Colorado pharmacy law test the weekend so if you talk to him, please wish him good luck!

Comments

Alissa said…
HI LAURA! and Matt and Pongo! I like your titles, they are awesome. Recycling sounds great, if it were that easy I would be nuts about it. Good luck transitioning to a new schedule. Miss you and love you, Liss

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Craft Beer Week

Matt and I decided to join some of our favorite local breweries yesterday at a craft beer festival to help kick off Colorado Craft Beer Week. It's no secret that craft beer is a huge part of the Colorado economy. Everybody just does it so well out here. It was nice to go to a smaller festival than the Great American Beer Festival where there are too many breweries to even get to every booth. Yesterday's festival felt more like a back yard barbecue. I even got to meet the hosts of the Craft Beer Radio show on AM760. There is a picture of me with Turk and the "Gubna" below. In addition to some good beer sampling, our tickets also included a meal of either beer can chicken roasted for hours on the grill (my choice) or a spicy brat (Matt's choice). The chicken was amazing. I even let Matt try some. :) I also had some fun and took some pictures at the light rail. (We were responsible and walked/rode the train to and from the event.) What a fun day! Even better was c...

General Post

Yep, that's the most creative title I could come up with today. There really is no theme to this post so I guess it's fitting. I feel like I always talk about the same things anyway. I am in a major posting rut with new stuff to say. Anyway, here goes... I can’t believe it’s November already! The Christmas decorations are going up and it’s getting colder, yet I have not seen or heard any songs or commercials via TV/radio. Perhaps this is because I don’t watch nearly as much TV as I used to and I listen to talk radio almost all day. I read a lot at night for fun. I am going to miss that if/when I start school again. I still haven’t heard anything, but it’s only been 5 days since the application due date. I hope I can finish the Twilight series before then. I am on book 2 of 4 and can’t put them down! I’m sure many of you know what I am talking about. I am anxiously and selfishly awaiting the upcoming weekend. It’s going to be a Matt/Laura weekend unless we get any invitations fr...

Millards meet Mallards

We've had some neighborhood visitors recently. This Mallard duck couple has made our yard its home for about a week now. They showed up right before our camping trip and have been around ever since! We can't find a nest but they seem to like prefer our yard, none the less. Maybe it has something to do with the name? My hope is that they really do have a nest nearby and one day I will wake up to little ducklings wandering around our yard!