CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Matt's First go around

Let me first say that Laura has done a great job, but I thought it might be nice to throw in some of what I think and what is going on with me.

First of all, I started work on Tuesday. I will eventually be an evening pharmacist (2-1030pm) working in two different areas at the Children's Hospital in Denver (even though it's actually in Aurora). The first area will be general medicine as well as hematology and oncology. I must say I am very excited about this. The second area that I will be working in is surgery. I am excited about this too, but not as much. I am also excited because I thought I was going to be working every 3 weekends, but I found out that it is every 4!

Tuesday was the hospital wide orientation day that was extremely boring. I was glad that I got paid well for it cause it was painful. Then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I started training and learning the processes and systems that they have. I must say that I am impressed with some of the systems that they have. The pharmacy is pretty efficient and I really like it when everyone is willing to work hard.

It is a little different working now because I am not actually licensed in Colorado. I took my law test last Saturday the 19th and am waiting the results. I really hope I pass and I think I did ok on the exam, but I am never sure when it comes to law.

So far I like most of the people that I work with and I have had very few headaches. There are some things at the hospital that I do not agree with, but I am sure that that would be the case no matter where I went. I have found that there are a lot of people at the hospital from the Kansas area. There is a pharmacist, a manager who both graduated from KU and that makes me feel good. There is also going to be one of my old classmates at the hospital who will be starting on Tuesday. Also, there are a few guys in the pharmacy that I have gotten along with very well so far. One guy just graduated from school at Drake and will be working evenings with me. He likes sports so I think we will get along really well.

The house is coming together piece by piece and we have started hanging stuff on the walls. Maybe when we get everything all cleaned up we will post more photos for everyone to see.

We are very excited for people to come and visit us. Lor's Dad is coming Sunday, my dad and Barbara are coming in August, Jake just made plans to come out right around August 16th, and My mom is coming out in the first part of September. We also have some other people that are likely coming out sometime but dont have dates set. We tried to get people to come out soon by inviting our kansas friends to the party that is happening tonight. We got people more interested, so that was good.

The funniest part was when I talked with Marcos. I called him last night to tell him and he told me he would call me back. So he called me back this morning around 9 and I told him that we were having a party and I wanted to see if he wanted to come. Normally, this is not that funny at all since he had no advance notice of the matter, but since it was Marcos it was.

I have tried to call Marcos for last minute things before and he always tells me that he needs advance notice. Always. This has happened like 6 times before. Even just small stuff like grabbing dinner or something. Anyway, that was one of the reasons that I called him, because I knew he would get flustered about it.

So I think I put up a pretty good post and I hope that everyone enjoys it. I will post more in the future so dont worry. Have a great rest of the weekend and I will talk to everyone soon!

Matt

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'm so glad Matt posted. I love it when Andrew just writes comments, which I think he has only done twice. Way to go!