CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recent Developments

It was strange coming home tonight to no Matt. He has been home both Tuesday and Wednesday night, as those were his days off. I could definitely get used to having him home at night! It will be that way in about a month though. We are getting close!
I am not really thrilled with the hospital right now...it seems they have to make things as bad as possible for us before Matt switches to days. (I know this is not on purpose, it seems like they have thrown a lot our way lately.) They switched his days off (normally Thursday and Friday) to Tuesday and Wednesday. It was just nice for him to have a 4 day weekend after working so many days straight. Also, he has to stay at work until 11 pm now (a half an hour later than normal) because they suddenly felt that there was too much overlap with the day shift. Add to that the fact that he will be gone a total of a month for training between now and December...
I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it when things are finally back to normal. And it will. I do have to admit that it was really nice to have Matt be able to go to my last kickball game with me last night. I think our team captain was successful in recruiting him for next summer. It didn't take much convincing. :)
After starting my second Master's class this week, I have officially decided to switch programs. I am really frustrated with the lack of classes available to distance students. Both semesters, I have enrolled in classes that I am excited about, only to be told a week before the semester starts that they are not offering the distance section due to lack of enrollment. This semester, I was re-assigned to a class that is completely over my head and not of real interest to me.
On the bright side, I am switching to Penn State's GIS Master's program where they offer every class every semester. The classes are only 10 weeks long and I will finish the program 2 years faster than I would at Purdue. AND there is a girl that I work with who is starting the program as well, so I will have someone to study with. I feel so much better about this change, even though I love Purdue as a whole.
Looking over the Penn State course list, I can already see how much more relevant they will be to my everyday work life. Honestly, I don't now how I am going to be able to pick two elective classes out of the list of 10. I want to take them all!
So that's about all i have for tonight. There is plenty more to blog about, including my trip to Dayton and our upcoming list of activities and visitors. So much is going on...I feel like the summer has flown by in an instant. Soon it will be time to break out the ski gear again...

1 comments:

Manda is Moooving and Groooving said...

YAY!! Congrats on switching to Penn State!! Very exciting!! And it has the program you want!! I hope it continues to go well for you!!