CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation Recap

It's been really hard to find time to blog lately! So many things have been going on since we got back from Rhode Island...I am finally sitting down to recap our trip (before I forget everything!). I have plenty of pictures to share so get ready!



We left Denver bright and early on the 31st...and arrived in Newark, NJ 3.5 hours later, where we were delayed for another 4 hours. Ugh! We got a picture on the plane to Providence, but we were so tired of airports and planes by the time this photo was taken, and just tired in general.


We spent some time Friday night catching up and chatting on the porch. It was nice and cool (though pretty humid by our Denver standards!) and fun to catch up with Ted and Susie, who are good friends from college.



Saturday morning, we had an awesome breakfast at a local restaurant. This is my cheddar broccoli omelette...SO GOOD!


After breakfast, we walked through downtown Newport to burn off some of the food. We pretty much walked everywhere while we were there, which was wonderful especially since I didn't run once! :)



This is Ted and Susie's house. It was really close to downtown Newport, the beach, and pretty much everything!


Later on Saturday, we took a drive along the coast. It was so gorgeous. We stopped a Brenton Point and walked down the coast a bit. Matt got some great pictures of the waves crashing.


This is bagel the beagle, who came along on our coastline drive. She looks mean here but it's all an act. Bagel is a very sweet and well behaved beagle, by our standards!
Saturday night, we had a great time dancing the night away at the Dockside, which was a bar/club. They had a great cover band and we ended up standing right up at the front by the stage.


The Newport bridge on our Saturday tour of the Navy base.


Sunday, we walked along the Cliff Walk. It was really foggy and overcast...my favorite weather! It made the ocean so mysterious. I think I liked it this way the best.

Susie and I on the Cliff Walk.


Just one of the many huge mansions in Newport.


Matt pretending to be the "King of the World" on our Cliff Walk adventure.


Foggy Newport on our walk back to Ted and Susie's.


Monday, we went down to the beach for a couple hours. It was a beautiful sunny day and a couple hours was all it took to get a little burned...ouch! The beach and ocean were full of red algae...that's what we're standing in here.

Newport Beach (in the sun this time). :)


Walking in the Atlantic. I had to at least put my feet in, even though I really hate water I can't see in.


We decided to climb up to the Cliff Walk to get back. Boulders and wet flip flops made it rather difficult, but we made it!




Later that afternoon, we went sailing! Ted and Susie had just learned and gotten certified to sail. It was their first time out by themselves, but they could have fooled us! They did a great job. Here are our wonderful hosts out on the water.




Matt and I with the Navy war college in the background.


Susie and I ran the jib sail. (it's the little sail in front.) I got to practice my sailing lingo as well. :)


A cute picture of Ted and Susie with the Newport bridge in the background.


Matt on the front of the sailboat, being a daredevil.

This is Matt's lobster dinner at the Black Pearl Monday night.


And here he is playing with his dinner.


Most of you probably know that I am not a big fan of seafood. For the record, I did actually try some lobster! I am still not a big fan...but I tried the clam chowder as well and it was pretty good!



A farewell photo at the Providence airport Tuesday morning. My face is so burned...

We have only been back in Denver for a week, but I am so ready to get back on a plane and go back! I love the Northeast (and some certain people there). :) We hope Ted and Susie can come out to Denver soon so we can return the favor and take them on all of our favorite Colorado adventures!

2 comments:

Manda is Moooving and Groooving said...

Love the post!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! What a great vacation!! Can't wait for you to come to Tennessee!! Only a month away!! WOW!! Miss ya girlie!!

Manda

Susie said...

We had so much fun!!! Miss you guys! We are looking forward to a Denver vacation.