CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Finally, A New One

The rush of life is certainly surrounding me right now. But as I noted on Facebook tonight, I love the feeling of being busy, of having a purpose. Today, I spent over 11 hours at work...they went by in a flash. That usually never happens unless I'm busy and don't look at the clock. I am starting to really understand and appreciate my job. Or maybe I just have a renewed outlook on things after spending a week in the corporate headquarters in Dayton.
Anyhow, I have several blogs I have been meaning to publish for a couple weeks now, so I'll get started with the first. I am feeling a bit groggy tonight, so the rest of this blog will consist primarily of pictures from Alissa's third visit to Denver. As I said, this was a couple weeks ago. But better late than never!
On Friday night, I picked Alissa up from the airport and we headed downtown to grab a bite to eat. It was such a beautiful evening and we sat outside and watched the random people walk by. There were some interesting ones for sure...

Saturday, we tried to go camping. Matt and I weren't prepared and hadn't reserved a campsite, so we decided to drive up and look for one. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a SINGLE campsite, and gave up after driving around all day. I think all of Denver must have been camping that weekend...

Here is Perdi riding along with all of our camping gear.

Sunday, we went up to Breckenridge to ride the Alpine slide. (This is becoming one of my favorite places to take people.) We also went for a hike.

Here's Matt attempting to "freestyle walk" in the woods...and failing. :)

This one is pretty cool.

On our way back, we drove up over Loveland Pass. It goes up above tree line and is SO beautiful. You can also see the mountains that make up part of the Continental Divide.

Atop Loveland pass.

Wednesday, Alissa came to kickball with me. She got some great city shots of the mountains.


This is the view of downtown from the kickball park. (Cuernavaca Park).

The crazy pitcher with mismatched socks.

An action shot of me kicking. We lost the game...:(


It is so fun when Alissa comes out here. I particularly love all of the great conversations we have. I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law!
*Alissa, I think you should do a "guest blog" and post some of your pictures. Let me know if you are interested!

1 comments:

Alissa said...

Yay!! A blog about our awesome week! I liked it a lot. I could possibly do a guest post, that would be fun!