CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hold, Please

As you all know, Matt and I spent the previous weekend in Rhode Island on vacation. We had an amazing time and I am working on a full long blog with pictures for you. I figured that since it has been a week since my last post, I would do a short one in the mean time.
I thought it would be awesome to come back to a 3 day week after a fantastic weekend. However, I got to the office yesterday morning with an inbox full of emails and the news that I will be travelling to Dayton for a week to train some folks in our main headquarters. I am excited at the chance to do some business travelling (in 2 weeks!) but slightly overwhelmed at the thought of training people with more experience than I have, as well as other events happening in life right now.
On a much MUCH more positive note, we are getting ready for Alissa’s third visit. I will pick her up from the airport tomorrow after work and I couldn’t be more excited! We are going to try to do a little camping this weekend, but if that doesn’t work out, (campsites are hard to reserve nowadays) we have plenty of other options to fall back on. I’m hoping that at the very least, we can go for a hike or just spend time up in the mountains. Summer is here for sure…it’s hot and dry (but at least not humid) during the day in Denver. It was pretty warm in New England too, so a mountain getaway sounds like the perfect thing to do this weekend.
Luckily, it cools off nicely at night in the city and I can still get some good running in. Last night I ran after dark because I didn’t get home from kickball until 8:45. I thought I would be out of shape after taking almost a week off, but I felt great and kept a nice pace. It was breezy and I could see lightning flashing off in the distance around me. I can’t explain enough about what running does for my sanity. Yesterday, I was so distracted with a million things going through my mind all day. After my run last night and a decent amount of sleep, I feel so much better today. For those of you who have problems sleeping, I would highly recommend a daily jog if you have the time. : ) It really clears the mind and gets you physically tired as well.
And one last bit of news...Matt has been given an official date for starting on the day shift. Drum roll please.....



October 5!



It is so nice to finally have the day in black and white. I can handle the next two months just fine, now that I know the end is in sight. A celebration is in the works...
I think that’s about all I have for now. Hopefully the New England post will be up tonight!

0 comments: