CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All In a Week

Work life has been pretty crazy lately. Things are really getting into high gear on this year's airports and I am starting to realize just how many hours of overtime I will be putting in during the next 8 months or so. This is a good thing...as my supervisor says, "job security!" He and I will be heading to Dayton, OH next week to train our fellow photogrammetrists how to do the aerial airport surveys. I am a bit apprehensive, as this is my first official business travel and we will be gone a week! Not to mention the whole training part...I have a lot of things to finish up and prepare before we leave, including one incredibly difficult airport in the Appalacian mountains.
Purdue emailed me yesterday to tell me that they are cancelling the distance learning section of the remote sensing class I was going to take. They have done this both semesters I have been enrolled now, making me wonder how I will ever finish this degree. I really want to take the classes that pertain most to what I do, but that is proving to be rather difficult.
The funny thing is that they made me complete a "Plan of Study" to map out every class I would be taking each semester for the next 4 years. It had to be signed by my entire committee of advisors (four professors total). Every time I change the plan, they have to re-sign it, and considering I only have about half of the signatures I need just for the original plan and I submitted it in April, this is going to be another challenge if Purdue keeps cancelling the classes I have listed. I did get enrolled in another class, which I am positive is going to be a lot more of a headache. It's another satellite positioning class. It seems like I just can't avoid those, even though I had to drop the one I started last semester. I hope this one is better.
Through all of this craziness with work and school, it has been absolutely GREAT to have Alissa out here staying with us. She flew in last Friday evening and we have had some fun adventures since then. I will save those stories for another post. It will be sad to see her leave tomorrow...I am getting so used to having someone be at home with me in the evenings again! I know Matt enjoys having Alissa around in the mornings with him as well. It will be so nice when we get on the same schedule again! But we will still enjoy having guests at our house just as much. Perdi will also be upset when Alissa leaves. Her whole body shakes when she is wagging her tail around Alissa. Perdi also checks Alissa's door every morning when I take her and Pongo out, just to make sure that it's not open. She gets really excited when Alissa wakes up, so I hear.
Well that's about all the news I can think of for now. Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

0 comments: