CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Outblogged

I certainly can't let my husband out-blog me this month. He already has 2 posts in September! So I figured it was about time to get on here and write something. The thing is, the words just aren't coming to me tonight. And I don't really have a lot of pictures either. I will after this weekend though! Matt and I will be spending our Labor Day weekend camping in the Collegiate Peaks at 10,000 ft, despite many other invitations and goings-on that we could/should be attending. Sometimes, you just gotta get away. We seem to be doing that every chance we get these days! Perhaps we'll be a more social couple once we get on the same schedule.

Anyhow, I thought I would also take the time to write a few notes on my business trip to Dayton. It was a pretty routine week for the most part. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to train. Luckily, there were only three of them and one guy probably knew as much or more than I did, which helped a lot! A week of business travel was a little overwhelming, mostly because I spent so much time at work, or at least with work people. My brain didn't have much time to decompress. Also, it was really hard to eat out three meals a day for a week. My body did not like that at all. I like having the chance to eat at least one light meal a day.
Lucikly, the hotel where I was staying was right across from Wright State University, which offered a safe place to run in the evenings. Literally, it seemed there was a police car on patrol around every corner I turned. Looking back, that could have been a sign that i was NOT in a safe place. But I never got that impression, and I returned to the hotel safely each night, which I suppose is what matters in the end.

Here is the Wright State Campus...one of the few pictures I had a chance to snap.
It was really pretty in the sunset.
Toward the end of the week, I almost felt like I actually worked/belonged in the Dayton office. I was so used to getting up and going to work there and seeing that group of people. I was really glad to get to meet so many of the co-workers I interact with on a daily basis via phone and/or email. It's nice to be able to picture who I am talking to on the phone now.
One of the highlights of the week was having dinner with Jaime, Andrew and Abigail on Wednesday. We had dinner at the Olive Garden, which is always one of my favorites. I can't belive how big Abigail is getting. She is talking a lot too, but she wouldn't say my name. :( I am so glad that they could make the drive up to Dayton!
On Thursday evening, we headed to a Mexican restaurant for a farewell dinner. I thought this sign was funny.
Why would they need to advertise this fact? Yikes. Well, the food and margaritas were good anyway. :)
It was good to get back to the Denver office and the familiar faces, but the week in Dayton was definitely good and productive. I think everyone is trained and on the same page, so we are ready get down to the grind and finish these airports now.
That's all you're going to get from me tonight folks! I am plum tuckered out. I'll be sure to snap lots of camping pictures this weekend and try to get them up...within the next month. :)

0 comments: