CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

On Our Next Adventure

I have been finding it hard to create blog posts lately. Trust me, I've tried. It’s a combination of fatigue from losing so much sleep while Perdi was sick this weekend and really just the lack of anything super interesting going on our lives right now. Matt is on day 10 of 1o straight at work and he is understandably burnt out at the moment. Luckily, we are leaving for a 5 day vacation in New England tomorrow! We are going to stay with our friends Ted and Susie and their beagle, Bagel. We always have a blast with them, and I don’t think tomorrow can get here fast enough! I am also excited because I have never been farther northeast in the U.S. than Washington, D.C., so it will great to experience life in New England.
So I suppose that is something interesting that is going on. : ) We had originally intended to spend part of the weekend up in Prince Edward Island, Canada for my cousin Andrew’s wedding. However, we didn’t know what Matt’s work schedule would be like since he was applying for the new job, so we decided not to buy the plane tickets to PEI just in case Matt would be travelling for work/training during that time. He had already requested the time off, so we decided to capitalize on the opportunity and head to Rhode Island when we learned his training wouldn't start until September.
Admittedly, it has been hard to focus on the trip when I was so worried about Perdi (and what we would do with her while we were out of town). We can’t board her since Bordatella is so contagious, apparently even if the dogs have been vaccinated. My friend Liz has been a lifesaver and is watching Perdi for us. I can’t tell you what a relief it was for us to find a place for Perdi to go. Poor Pongo will be at City Bark alone this time…but he will get to play with lots of other dogs during the day and perhaps get a much needed break from Perdi’s constant energy.
So planning to get the two dogs to opposite sides of the city has been a bit of a stress for me. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 7 am, so it all must be done tonight. I’ll be doing lots of driving and errands tonight for sure. Hopefully I can fit runningin there somewhere too. I know I won’t be doing much of that this weekend because we have all sorts of other fun things planned. I also need to pack sometime...oh heavens, I might not even sleep tonight! : )
On a different note, the weather out here has been absolutely incredible! It’s been rainy and overcast with highs in the low 70’s for the past couple days. My favorite! On my run last night, I had to wear a sweatshirt and could smell the smoke from people’s fireplaces. I really thought it was fall already! Ironically, I have been hearing from some folks in Seattle about temperatures being in the mid 90’s! We must have stolen their weather…and we’re not giving it back either! : )
Matt and I will be sure to take lots of pictures in NE and have a good post or two to share in a few days. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Liz can take care of poor Perdi for you. Enjoy your trip. I have always wanted to visit that part of the country!

Casie said...

Hope you guys have a great time - travel safely!