CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brennan's Visit (Cont'd) and Weekend Visitors

Man, I am really getting behind on my picture posts. We have had all kinds of activity going on lately, hence the reason I have only posted 4 times this month. I have plenty lined up, if I can ever get them done. Anyhow, two weekends ago when Brennan was still here, our aunt Alice and cousins Audrey and Jack were out here on a visit. We had a great weekend with them and did lots of things...here are some highlights:Saturday, we took the cog railway up Pike's Peak. Here are Brennan, Jack and Audrey posing in front of a train engine (not the one that takes you up Pike's Peak though).


The ride to the top is about an hour and 15 minutes. We only had 45 minutes to spend at the top of the mountain! We did have time for a quick lunch and since it was a gorgeous day, we ate outside. Here are our visitors enjoying lunch. I was hurriedly snapping pictures because at this point, we only had about 10 minutes left!



Last time Matt and I did this, we went up in a blizzard. The view is so amazing when the weather is nice. You could see the western slopes in one direction and all the way to Kansas (or so they claim) to the east. I could have sat up there for hours enjoying the view!


A quick picture before getting back on the train. Audrey is not in the picture because she was scared the train would leave us. In her defense, they did warn that you would become a hiker instead of a passenger if you missed the train. :)


After the cog railway, we stopped at the old arcade in Manitou Springs so that the kids could play games. I admit, I can't resist a game or two of skee ball when we go there. Brennan and Jack were racing each other in this picture.


The drive back from Colorado Springs was an adventure. We had an interesting time finding a gas station and then got stuck in MAJOR traffic on I-25 due to an accident. It took us 2.5 hours to get back on a normal 45 minute drive. I will NEVER get used to traffic out here...it is so aggravating, but i've already said that many times here.

I didn't get any pictures from Sunday because I had to go into work for a while. Brennan, Alice, Audrey and Jack took the light rail downtown to the aquarium where they met up with John. Then they came back to our house for some ice cream cake in celebration of Matt's new job. They capped the evening off with some swimming at the hotel (Brennan went along too). We were all tired after the weekend, but it was so fun. It was awesome to have so much of my family in town!

This past week has been pretty mundane, but busy at the same time. I was eager to get back into my running routine after taking a week off. I also put in lots of overtime at work and just tried to get caught up on errands and chores at home. But it was definitely worth getting behind on these things to have so many visitors!

2 comments:

Schmalice said...

It was so good to see you and thank you so much for a wonderful time... the kids are already talking about our next trip to CO.

Laura said...

You guys are welcome any time! It was great to have you out here and I'm glad the kids (especially Jack!) liked Colorado so much. It runs in the family a bit! :)