CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Update on Perdi

It turns out that the Emergency Vet was completely wrong in her diagnosis for Perdi. We took her in to our regular vet today and got a completely different story! It turns out that Perdi is suffering from a case of bordatella (aka "kennel cough") and she has nothing obstructing her GI tract! She picked up the bordatella from the doggy day care, even though she is vaccinated against it. Even though our dog is still pretty sick (she has the beginning stages of pneumonia) this is a much better scenario for Matt and I to digest. At least we are no longer looking at the possibility of surgery.
Let me tell you that I could not be happier with our vet. Matt took Perdi in this morning after a night of coughing and vomiting last night as I mentioned before. I picked her up this afternoon, and she is a different dog! She ate two helpings of dinner and kept down a bunch of water. She also had her meds and has been resting all evening and best of all, rarely even coughing! She is definitely on the mend. I just feel so dumb for even taking her to the emergency vet...it was a waste of time and money for sure!

Well I'll end this story with a few pictures.


Here is Perdi on Saturday morning after her first night of sickness. She was so sad a mopey.


As I mentioned before, she looked like a little camel with all the fluids they injected to keep her hydrated.


Another view of her "pouch."


Pongo has been very well behaved since Perdi got sick. I think he is just as worried about her as we are. They look so cute here sitting together.

Now I am off to get some much needed sleep!

2 comments:

Schmalice said...

I'm glad Perdi is on the mend.

Brennan Walter said...

The bridge on the other side of Newport bridge, I've been under in a ferry (I think its in one of your sailing pictures). It made me nostalgic... already, of the trip to MV. :p i got to see the Newport Bridge from the boat though. its huge!

Love Brennan