CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Different Anniversary

I’m in quite the reflective mood today. It’s been exactly a year and a day since Matt and I packed up our lives in Kansas City and moved to Denver. How ironic that we drove back from a long weekend in KC yesterday, exactly a year from the day we moved! We even had my brother along with us again and he was with us last year as well.
When I think back to a year ago, I can’t believe how much things have changed. It doesn’t possibly seem like a whole year has passed and yet we have done so much, had so many visitors and been so many places that I can’t believe we fit it in to a whole year. On my way to work, I was thinking about how many things I didn’t even see coming when we first arrived in Denver. I made a list of some of these...

One year ago:
- this city felt so strange and unfamiliar.
- I didn’t know what it would feel like working opposite shifts from my husband.
- life felt more like a long term vacation than a daily routine.
- I had no idea how much I would miss my friends and family in Kansas. (It doesn’t fade away over time either!)
- I hadn’t discovered my love of camping, skiing and all of the other “Colorado” activities we do.
- working on my Master’s was just a small thought in the back of my mind.
- I only had one (mostly) well behaved beagle to keep an eye on.

Matt and I both agree that this move was a great thing for us. We are both very happy with our jobs and we love that we have this chance to experience a new way of life, new people, new environment, etc.
______________________

Matt had an interview at the hospital today for a day position working with the pharmacy computer systems. He said it went well…we should know more by the end of the week so I’ll keep you updated.

4th of July pictures and post to come shortly!

1 comments:

mom m said...

July 6 is becoming one of my least favorite dates! Miss you all already!