CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleepless in Denver

One of the things I really hate is when I am super tired and just can’t sleep. Last night was one of those nights. I tossed and turned until 12:30 or so, which probably doesn’t seem bad to some of you, but I get up at 5:30am and 5 hours of sleep just doesn’t cut it these days. I guess I just have a lot on my mind lately. Plus Matt got home late and I really don’t sleep well until he’s home. For one thing, Pongo howls when the garage opens, which also disturbs Perdi in her kennel. It’s hard to get everybody settled down again.
I am somewhat bothered by the remote software package I am allowed to access at Purdue. It is great in the sense that I don’t have to buy any expensive software packages. I can just type in my password and use whatever program I need! The problem is that I spent hours and hours writing code for a class project and I can’t get the files I need off the Purdue server to email it to my professor for guidance. I tried everything, but it doesn’t recognize my computer as a drive.
Now I have the help desk working on it. Adding to the frustration is the fact that my work computer won’t allow me to access the software, so I can’t see if the help desk’s guidance worked. I know I will get this all ironed out just fine, but operating under work and school deadlines is pretty stressful, especially when you can’t do something as simple as access a file! Distance students have an extra week to complete assignments, but I am trying to stick to the hard deadlines so I don’t get behind.
I am excited that today is Inauguration Day! I realize that not everybody shares my sentiments, but I have so much hope for the future of our country! President Obama has a really tough job to do in the next four years, and I just hope he gets the support he needs in order to succeed! I sure wish I could be in D.C. today! If anyone is going to be there, I would sure love to hear stories and see pictures!

2 comments:

The O's said...

I wish I were there too! To be a part of this kind of history would be amazing, but I will just enjoy it on television all the same :)

Anonymous said...

L, I pop over to see what is going on in CO with you guys! It sounds like you are adapting quite well! I request more pictures of the beagles (right?) because we have one on the farm at home. They are wonderful dogs - even more loveable after they have aged a few years and calmed down! Lots of luck with graduate school - you are going to be so proud of yourself!