CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Is It Winter or Spring?

I sincerely apologize for the lack of blogs lately! I am working on my time management skills now that school has started. Sometimes I wonder how I’m even supposed to get any work done during the day unless I force all of my school questions out of my head.
I am not thrilled that our first assignment involves programming. Any of you that went to school with me at KU, or even knew me at that time, know how bad I am at programming. I think I have made some decent progress on the assignment, but it just won’t work! I hope I am not in over my head. I am going to send my code to my professor and see what guidance he can give me.
This weekend was so nice, in many ways. First of all, I got to spend two whole days with Matt! (Besides the time I spent on school). We took the opportunity to drive to Boulder on Saturday afternoon to watch KU play CU in basketball. We sat in the 6th row! That would never happen in Allen Fieldhouse, but CU definitely doesn’t have the same magical atmosphere as Allen Fieldhouse. I hope KU never builds a new facility.
There were SO MANY KU fans at the game Saturday. It was at least half full of Kansas’ Crimson and Blue. So that was really cool. I just with KU would have played better, even though they won.
Another way this weekend was nice was with the weather! I have heard so many people talk about how cold it has been where they live. Well in Denver, we have been spoiled with 50 and 60 degree temperatures. Tomorrow, the expected high is 70! I feel like we’ve completely skipped winter, but now that I say that, it will probably be cold and snowy until June.
The dogs enjoyed another trip to the dog park yesterday. They both ran and ran. Perdi slept for a while in the evening, but it seems like she never really gets tired. I wish I could steal some of her energy.
Here is my final thought for the day: When Matt and I buy a house, we will NOT have white carpet anywhere. We have white carpet covering our entire rental house and it is SO HARD TO KEEP CLEAN! We are so lucky to have received a Little Green carpet steam cleaner for Christmas. We have certainly kept it busy. Also, whoever decided to put white carpet in the bathrooms in our house was just silly. I just think carpet in kitchens or bathrooms is silly in general. It is so time consuming to keep it all clean, but very important to do so in a rental house just the same!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Don't worry, we will not have white carpet in our house. And I liked having a weekend with you too. It was fun.

Stephanie said...

Oh that is the stupidest thing to have carpets in the kitchen. I am so messy in the kitchen, I couldn't imagine white carpets. Woolite portable Oxy Deep works great on our carpets for little doggie stains and other stains. This is gross but Bear exploded (not solid)all over our carpet and the little thing got the stains right out. I recommend it. :)