CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

School Girls

This week will be a big one for the Mountain Millard women. Perdi and I will both start school! I am taking Perdi to puppy school tomorrow for some much needed training. She will have 4 classes this month and learn obedience through "clicker" training. The clicker is supposed to attract the dog's attention so that they respond better to commands. I am interested to see how she responds. Pongo will probably get to learn clicker training as well so that we are consistent.

Perdi is definitely giving Matt and I an adventure in life these days. Her latest vice is her consistent chewing. I don't know how much money I have spent on chew toys for her, but she would still rather chew on ANYTHING that she is not supposed to. For example, last night she chewed right through the cord that connects my new iPod to my computer. I was NOT happy about that. She also enjoys shoes, sticks and Pongo, when he is caught off guard. I don't remember Pongo being this bad. On a good note, she is doing great with potty training and a little better at letting Matt sleep in the morning. She goes to bed very well at night with little complaint and is quiet in her kennel during the day when we're gone.
Purdue finally sent me an email explaining how I will need to go about accessing my lectures online. I was worried about this, since classes start Monday and I hadn't heard anything. It is so strange to be starting school again, but not be in a campus setting. I keep thinking of all the things I'm going to have to cut out of my life. I am not sure if I am ready to give up my freedom in the evenings and weekends! It is going to be a challenge, but I know it will be worth it. I have given everybody at work the opportunity to do some homework for me if they feel so inclined. :) Other than that, we really don't have much of interest going on in our lives right now. It's nice to just get back in a routine after the holidays. We are looking forward to watching KU take on CU out here in Boulder next weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dewey used to chew like crazy too. One day he even chewed on the bottom of a sweater . . . that I was wearing!! He was sitting on my lap and I didn't even feel it or notice until I got up from the chair. I was mad. He outgrew that, thankfully and doesn't really chew anything anymore!

Matt said...

I know you will do great in school. Plus, you have me to help with your homework!