CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chease Deep and Other Recent Adventures

I just finished my first lecture as a grad student! I have to admit, I'm feeling a little intimidated by the whole process of distance learning. I do really like my teacher though! He has been nominated for numerous teaching awards by his students and i can see why.

I am a little dissapointed that I only finished one lecture tonight. I still have my stats class to view and take notes on. I focused on GPS Positioning tonight because it pertains most to my career, and it has the corresponding textbook that is FILLED with long and scary equations. I realized tonight how rusty I am. I haven't used some of the required software (Matlab, for all of you engineer/meteorology/geography people who want specifics) in way too long!
Well, I figured it would take me a little bit of time to download the lectures and figure out how to view them. That actually turned out to be the easy part. The difficult part will be getting a copy of Matlab or remote logging in to Purdue's computer labs (if that is even possible) to complete the first assignment. Luckily, our second class has already been cancelled! My professor will be attending a conference on Thursday, so I will only have my stats lecture that day.
Perdi complicated the school part of my evening a bit when she woke up this morning. I have been letting her sleep with Matt in the bed so that he gets more rest in the mornings. She will not sleep otherwise. Well, she woke up and Matt was still sound asleep. She managed to shred a few pages of New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series, which Matt and I are reading. Fortunately, she only got to the title page and table of contents before Matt woke up and caught her. The bad part is that she also managed to potty on the bed, even though I had just taken her out about 1.5 hours previous to the incident. She has quite a big bladder now, so it soaked through the comforter and onto the sheets. She has quite good timing, since I was super productive on Sunday and washed everything on the bed, including the duvet cover. So I got to repeat that process today. Not a good way to start off the semester. But I do have to say that she must have felt bad about it, because she slept all through the lecture while I watched it and took notes. I was worried that she would be energetic and I'd be distracted by making sure she wasn't getting into anything.
Pongo is pretty much an angel lately. He is so patient with Perdi and even accompanied her to the vet for her last round of shots, even though he didn't need to go. (I really just wanted to teach him that going to the vet isn't always about getting poked and stuck with needles.) Tonight, he was watching me take notes and then when I set my notebook down with the first page open, he sat up and looked directly into the notebook. I wish I been able to take a picture. He looked like a student himself.
Alright, enough about school. I'm sure you are wondering about the title of this post. Well, on Saturday night, we drove to Golden for an evening of fun with Nick and Carlene. We ended up going to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. We ordered our food and an appetizer of cheese dip. We were surprised when we got the bill and saw this:

Now, I don't mean to make fun, but we just thought that this restaurant should have know how to spell "cheese dip," since it is one of the main appetizers requested! It sure was good chease deep though!




Also notice on this check, that someone ordered a "Grande #2." Yes, Matt ordered a large dinner. And it was this HUGE plate of food that no one could ever finish. That is unless you are Matt Millard and you are dared to finish it by one Nick M. Here is Matt, taking his last bite. The funniest part is that the waitor came and tried to take his plate when there was still some food on it, but Matt told him he was still eating. I love Matt. He doesn't let a bite of food go to waste!




On Sunday, I caught the productive "bug" right as Matt headed off to work. I decided the dogs deserved some freedom from the house, and because it was such a nice day, we went to the Cherry Creek dog park. These are older pictures from a previous visit, but this is a good time to post them.

I also cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, did laundry and vacuumed. I accidentally caught a shoelace in the Dyson when I was vacuming and the brush stopped spinning after I pulled it out. I thought I was going to have to have Matt fix it when I noticed a little red button on the side with a picture of the brush. I pushed it and turned the vacuum on. The brush started spinning again just like that! I have never seen a vacuum that is so easy to fix!



The dogs were so tired Sunday evening after the dog park and running errands with me. It was nice to just have Perdi sleeping instead of wondering what trouble she is getting into. I wish we could get to the dog park every day!
I think I am going to end the post here, though I'm sure you are all so eager to hear about Perdi's puppy class. :) I figure you've all had enough dog talk for the day, so I'll save that one. I will say this though: between the two of us, we sure have a lot of homework already!

1 comments:

Matt said...

That cheese dip was good and so was my Grande platter. I think that if I hadn't eaten the whole thing I would have thrown up. I just couldn't because my stomach was so full it couldn't contract to move the food!