CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Night Skiing, Anyone?

Yesterday was a perfect example of how well Matt and I get each other. Tuesday, I promised pictures and yesterday, Matt just decided to post some! Granted, he probably read that blog post, but the timing was still perfect for him to do a picture post. Now I’m off the hook for a while!
Tonight, I will hunker down and get every possible piece of school work done that I can because tomorrow, I am taking a day off! Of course, I still have to work but I will be able to leave early because I already have plenty of hours. Matt and I are going to try night skiing at Keystone. Basically, they have a couple runs lit by lights and they keep them open at night. I still feel like this is a crazy thing to do though. It will be MUCH colder, for one thing. And limiting visibility while I’m still learning doesn’t sound very smart. (Mainly because I don’t want to run into any trees.) However, the run that we will be taking is the only run we have skied. We know it very well, and perhaps this will help me approach skiing in a different way.
In puppy news, Perdi graduates from puppy school on Saturday, despite the fact that I have not been able to be very diligent with her clicker training “homework.” This is partly because I have been busy with my own homework and partly because Pongo is scared of the clicker and he doesn’t really understand what is going on when I use it with Perdi. I will probably work with him over the summer when I have some free time so that they are both clicker trained. I am excited because Matt will be able to come to this last class with me so he will know how to use the clicker too. It has very specific rules on when to click and reward. Perdi learns very quickly and the clicker is effective with her. She can sit, stay, lay down, come, potty, and more on command. My favorite is lay down because all I have to do is stretch out my hand like when Moses parts the sea and say "DOWN." She lays right down and stays there!
I admit that I am a bit jealous of Perdi. Four weeks and she is done. She’ll even have an official diploma. I still have 2 ½ years minus four stressful and sleepless weeks. But hey, no one ever said that getting a Master’s would be easy. Matt has been a great help with everything from encouragement to doing stuff around the house that I can't get to. I really aprreciate that, probably more than he knows.
Today at work, one of my co-workers who has a window office called me in. Standing right outside his window were 5 deer! They couldn’t see through the window because it is mirrored glass, so they were looking directly at us! It was so cool. I see deer all the time, just not so close I could touch them!

0 comments: