CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Wedding Weekend

I apologize for taking a whole week off of blogging! I put it at the top of my to-do list this evening. After talking with so many people this weekend, I never realized how many of you read this blog. (I think everyone who reads should comment just so I know!) I have a feeling that my large readership has come from the fact that this blog is linked on my cousin Jaime's blog, which is excellent. I am really feeling the pressure to keep it updated now!
We had a wonderful weekend in Stafford, KS at my cousin Jenny's wedding. It took me a while to finally get packed and organized for the road trip, but once that happened, we had a blast! I was so paranoid that I was going to forget something important in Denver, such as my bridesmaid dress, because I had a dream that it actually happened! We left Denver on Friday morning a little later than planned. Matt typed "Stafford, KS" into our Garmin and it gave us an estimated arrival time of 5:26 pm, which we were very happy about since the rehearsal started at 6:00pm. Then we realized that the garmin was on mountain time and we would actually arrive at 6:26!
We decided to drive straight through and take as few stops as possible which worked out great. We ate our pre-packed sandwiches on the road for lunch and stopped for 5 minutes for gas in Hays. We also used our common sense and took an alternate route than what the garmin said, which actually saved us 20 minutes. We ended up getting into town with plenty of time to spare so we checked into our room at the Littlefield house, changed and headed out to the rehearsal.
Saturday, I woke up to the sound of rain. In actuality, it was artificial rain INDOORS. It turns out that the house we stayed in was having some plumbing issues and when my dad took a shower, it drained into the living room area of the house! There was a bookshelf right underneath the area that got drenched and Matt almost left our wedding albums on it the night before! (Yes, I finally got all of the pictures printed and sorted!)
If one good thing came from the shower incident, it is the fact that neither of my alarms went off so the sound of "rain" inside the house woke me up so that I could get to my hair appointment on time. Apparently, our house had some of the fewest plumbing issues, if you can believe it. The one next door didn't have toilets that functioned properly. I would personally rather have a working toilet than a shower. Luckily, the bathroom in the Millard room functioned normally on all accounts.
The wedding ceremony was almost as beautiful as the bride herself. Like Matt and I, Jenny had a former pastor come back to her church to perform the ceremony and you could just tell how special that was. There were so many people there that I hadn't seen in a long time. Matt met most of them before I could even introduce him at the reception because he ushered a lot of them in. I was also excited to finally get to hold my cousin's daughter and niece of the bride, Abigail. She is such a happy baby was was definitely the crowd pleaser at the reception. Matt impressed her by letting her press the buttons on his $_00 camera. (I'm not going to specify the price because it was my wedding gift to him.) He got some funny pictures that she took by accident. If I can ever get the pictures from his camera, i will post them. His camera card is not standard so I can't just steal it and plug it into my computer like I do with my own camera. He also got some other great "candid" shots throughout the weekend that I'm sure Luke and Jenny will enjoy.
We made it back safely yesterday afternoon with an hour to spare before we needed to pick up Pongo. It was so windy that we were practially blown home! It really helped our gas mileage too. We filled up in Colby and still had a half a tank when we pulled into our driveway!
Pongo was sure ready for us when we got to Doggy Day Camp. I looked through the window to try to find him and he spotted me right away and started howling. He was so happy to be home but I could tell he had a fun weekend because he was exhausted from playing with the other dogs. Apparently, he has made a friend named Lola...
Only 4 more days and we'll be on a plane to Kansas City for the next family wedding. This time, it's Matt's cousin Leza who is getting married. We are looking forward to the weekend and are going to see as many people as we can and visit as many of our old haunts as we can while we are there. We already know that we will be stopping at the Kansas Sampler to stock up on KU items. That stuff is hard to find out here! Imagine that. We plan to leave plenty of extra room in our suitcases for anything we might buy and bring home with us.
Until then, it's 10 hour workdays for me, but nothing I'm not used to. It's worth it to have a 3 day weekend and an extra day with my husband. I'm so lucky to have an awesome job and supervisor who are leanient with scheduling so i can have these days off for the weddings. Oh, and I had business cards waiting for me on my desk today, so watch out! One may be coming your way.
I think I've written just about enough for today.

3 comments:

Casie said...

I definitely enjoy reading your updates - keep them coming! :) It sounds like you are both doing well - keep in touch!

-Casie

Unknown said...

You're funny! It was so good to see you and Matt. We should talk sometime soon about the possibility of a family vacation next summer!

Alissa said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! I'm excited for this coming weekend! It's a good thing you haven't been writing as much lately, I don't keep up very well so it isn't as hard for me to catch up, haha. Have a safe trip here and I'll see ya soon!