CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Pongo is Two!

Today is our puppy's second birthday. I still call him a puppy, but it's probably time to stop that. As many of you know, Pongo is my first dog ever. I worried (and cried) like a new mom when I brought him home because I didn't know what to do with this little wiggly thing that howled every time I left the room. I read every major dog training website and memorized the Super Puppy book I bought from the vet during one of his many early visits there.

What we have today is a wonderful and mostly well behaved dog, however spoiled he may be. Pongo is not only my dog but my running buddy, evening companion and howling guardian. He is so intuitive and knows when something is wrong, when to cuddle and when to just be his cute self. He sighs when we forget to feed him on time and groans when we move him during his sleep. He learns new tricks so fast I can't think of what to teach him next!

Here are a few pictures of our dog on his big day.

Pongo got a pretty red jacket from his "grandma." It fits him perfectly and it comes just in time for fall!

This is Pongo with the spoils of his birthday including some toys, chew bones, a laser pointer chaser and a cow halloween costume!

Tonight I had dinner with Matt at the hospital. The plan was for him to fax an order in to Chipotle and I would pick it up and take it to the hospital on my way. What I didn't realize was that the whole evening staff also put in orders so when I left Chipotle, I had two paper bags and a couple drinks to juggle in to the hospital. The new facility is beautiful! The atrium reminds me of an airport terminal because it is so open and so naturally lit. I really like all of the people Matt works with but honestly, I have no idea how any of them find the pharmacy. If Matt hadn't met me in the atrium, I would have wandered around in the basement for days looking for it. It's like a huge maze of identical hallways with a million corridors and turns.

It was good for me to physically see where my husband spends his evenings. It puts things into a lot better perspective to meet the people and hear them discuss "work stuff." AND I can report to all of you some of these little details that wouldn't get posted otherwise. So now this week, Matt and I have both been to each others' offices which is pretty cool. I think we're going to try to do more of that on a regular basis.

Tomorrow, we are attending a KU Alumni event which includes a Rockies game and a gathering at a local bar. Sunday it's back to work for both of us. I'm working on another urgent project and also banking some hours in order to take Friday off to head to Stafford, KS for my cousin Jenny's wedding! Matt traded Friday for this Sunday so he can have Friday off as well. I can't wait to see my family again!

0 comments: