CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Blues

Well I meant to get to posting a blog about our weekend trip back to Kansas City earlier tonight, but I was out running errands and being productive so I'll just write a few words and then do an official KC post tomorrow. Let's just say I was a little emotional getting home yesterday, but I knew I would be after the first visit. It sure didn't help that I left my book (Twilight, Stephanie Meyer) at the KC airport terminal somehow. Don't worry, I got a new one today! It's a great book.
Anyhow, it was nice to be somewhere where EVERYTHING was familiar again. Except KC, MO.... :) That's where the wedding was, which was wonderful and beautiful. Leza just looked so happy and radiant. And traffic was great, even with the NASCAR races in town. Not to mention the Chiefs somehow beat the Broncos.
I don't want to get too detailed so I don't repeat myself tomorrow, so I'll change the subject. I had a pretty stressful day at work with one particular project that just doesn't seem to want to go away. But I took myself on a shopping trip after work to get my replacement book and got some fall decorations for the house because it felt like fall today. I barely made a dent with them. This house would cost a lot to decorate, so we'll just have a "fall corner."
I also finished and edited my statement of purpose for Purdue. The application is due in a little over a month. Whatever I write just sounds really cheesy. I feel like they've heard all of this before. I'll look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes and probably completely re-write it. But it makes me feel good to have something.
Pongo is not too mad at us for leaving him two weekends in a row. He wolfed down two scoops of DRY food at 6 am so I doubt he ate much at the kennel. We usually have to mix in some wet food once a day to get him to eat enough. But I know he made friends with a great Dane and I feel good that he had some socializing time. He is still sleepy tonight.
Well that was more than a few words. I think I'm off to bed!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't know what was up with Monday. I had a bad morning, and my friend Terese really had a bad day. Bad Mondays all around. :(