CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolution: 2011 in Photos

As you all can see, this blog has really gone by the wayside. I have been trying to think of ways to get myself more motivated to blog, because I enjoy it and I know many of you enjoy seeing what we are up to. So I have decided to borrow an idea from one of my Facebook friends, which I think will be the perfect solution! My new year's resolution (one of them) is to do a daily photo journal of 2011. I am not a great photographer, but at least I will be able to remember every day of this year, no matter how significant or mundane the photo may be. They say that every photo tells a story. I have yet to decide how much of the story I will tell through captions, or how much i will let the photos speak for themselves. I have a feeling this will be a constant work in progress.


Here goes! (I already have some catching up to do!)

January 1:

After a long, cold, late night of handling furnace repairs and ringing in the New Year, Perdi and I were both tired and spent some snuggly time under a warm blanket on the couch. Matt captured this photo...maybe one of the cutest Perdi poses to date!


January 2:


This is my prized Christmas gift from Matt. My very own sewing machine! I got some great lessons on how to use it and how to sew in general from my friend Susie, who has the same machine. My first project: a t-shirt quilt comprised of 20 shirts from junior high to high school. I only started this thing 10 years ago...it's about time I finished it! I am addicted to sewing now. I love it. I can't wait to start on some other projects after this one!
January 3:
A peaceful, snowy walk with the dogs at sunset. My phone's camera doesn't do the sunset justice! Unfortunately, the paths are still too snowy to run on. I am going stir crazy to get out again, but the last thing i want is to get injured right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I love my tshirt quilt!! It is by far my favorite blanket!! I also got a sewing machine for Christmas!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.

Cheers,
Manda

mom m said...

What a great idea--a photo a day! I love to read the blog, so I'm excited! Great pictures so far. Thanks!