CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Everyday Living

I really want to focus this photo blog project on small "everyday" things we encounter. Some days, I know I will struggle with this, as our schedule can get pretty mundane. Work, work out, walk dogs, etc. I do also still plan on doing longer posts when bigger events happen. For example, yesterday's post was a hint about our upcoming weekend ski trip in Steamboat. There are so many things to do there that there is no way one photo could possibly sum it all up, unless I forget my camera or can't find the battery charger. Actually, both of those are legitimate possibilities at this point! Thank goodness for cell phones or this project would have miserably failed by now. :)

But back to the everyday events:


January 12: Our dinner.




One of our favorite things to do in terms of dinner is throw some filets on a broiler pan and boil some asparagus. We have discovered that we really need a better ventilation system for our oven though. Grilling steaks inside makes so much smoke and our pitiful little fan can't take care of it all, so the oven is usually smoky for a few days afterward. Another thing I pondered tonight is how asparagus is a lot like broccoli to me. I love the top part and just kind of tolerate the lower half. We drizzle ours in some EVOO and grilling spices when it's done boiling (bright green in color.) And of course, everyone has their own version of mashed potatoes. I think i will keep mine a secret. :)

0 comments: