CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Review

The past few days have gone by so fast! Our friend Marcos came out to Denver for a bike race and stayed with us, so we got to spend time with him. I didn't take many pictures, unfortunately. Honestly, i felt like I was in a daze most of the weekend. Last week was SO crazy at work. I am learning new software and trying to adjust my stereo drawing techniques, but I don't feel like I'm really getting it sometimes. Thursday, (the night Marcos got here), I went to a business dinner with the survey department and the main client for the airport project. We had surveyors in town from our offices all over the country to discuss the upcoming airport contract and they invited my supervisor and I along since we do the air survey side of the project.
The dinner was great. It was fantastic to put some faces with the people in Dayton that I talk to frequently by email or phone. Let me tell you, we have a pretty awesome group of surveyors! I was sitting right next to the client, which made me somewhat self-conscious, but we had some good conversations.
When I finally got home at 9 pm, Matt had already brought out the video games and he and Marcos were playing. I think Matt's favorite part of having guy friends visit is having someone to play video games. I'm sure none of his friends mind either, at least I hope not!
MY favorite part was Saturday night when we rode the light rail downtown and caught a Rockies game. They lost of course, but it was still fun. We went to the Wynkoop Brewery afterward and then rode the light rail back to the 'burbs. I really like the light rail! I think I will do that more often when i go downtown. It takes a little longer, but is so much faster if traffic is backed up, as it was Saturday. I also enjoyed catching up on some much needed sleep.
It was hard to go back to work today after such a fun weekend, but I felt great since I had re-charged my sleep battery. The day turned out alright in the end with a good hard run and a cool-down walk in the dog park with the beagles. They definitely were eager to get out. I threw a stick in the river for Perdi to get, as I usually do, forgetting that the river had recently flooded and the banks were eroded. She jumped in the water and went completely under water! But she's a good swimmer and she wasn't far from the bank, so I could have grabbed her quickly if I needed to. I guess Perdi had her first swimming lesson today! After that, she didn't much feel like listening to me, so she had to go on the leash.
In other news, I (successfully!) finished my first Master's class on Thursday! I really don't know what to do with myself during the evenings now. I probably should have taken a summer class, but they didn't offer anything that I needed. While it's nice not to have to worry about homework and lectures, I actually kind of miss having the distraction right now.
I do need to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to a few special women. To my mom, Arlene, Barbara, Grandma Helen and Grandma Evelyn: Happy Mother's Day! Matt and I missed seeing you all on your special day, but know that we were thinking about you all day and send our love all the time!
Signing off for the evening....

1 comments:

Brennan Walter said...

LIGHT RAIL!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3617/3521174108_5f05b7c41a_b.jpg