CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Kansas Trip Recap

We just returned home from a fun weekend in Kansas. Poor Matt had to work tonight after getting up early and being in the car all day. It was a bit of a shock to get to Denver's 90 degree temperatures after being in the 60 and 70 degree weather in Kansas this weekend.
The main purpose of the trip was so that we could attend Alissa's graduation from K-State. However, I was able to spend some time with some of my friends and family as well. Friday night, I caught up with a few of my gals friends from high school while Matt had dinner a few tables away with his family at Old Chicago. It was rather funny, but worked out well.
We spent the day Saturday attending Alissa's graduation and the party afterward. It was great to have so many family members gathered in one place! Everything went smoothly except for the horrible mispronunciation of Alissa's name during the ceremony! Later that evening, we had dinner with my dad and brother and rented a movie from the Red Box and relaxed.
Sunday, Matt and I had brunch with Arlene and Ron at Chef Cafe. I think they have the best breakfast in town! Then, Matt and I picked up Brennan and took a long hike on the Konza Prairie and then went to see a movie in the theater. We saw Angels and Demons. I liked it even better than The DaVinci Code. Sunday night, we had dinner with my mom and finally gave her a Mother's Day present!
This morning, we loaded down the car and high tailed it back to Denver. We got back with just enough time to get home so that Matt could get the car and take it to work. I'm glad that I don't have to pick him up tonight. After getting Matt home, I drove Liz (who rode with us to Manhattan and back) up to her apartment in NW Denver. She brought home a little baby snapping turtle as a pet, so we had even more company on the way home!
Then I drove clear down to Parker (south Denver) to pick up the dogs from the kennel. I much prefer driving all the way across Kansas and Colorado to city highway driving. Whew! I was exhausted so I finished unloading the highlander, gave the dogs a bath and then took a 2 hour nap. I feel so much better now. During my nap, I put Perdi in her kennel and she didn't make a peep! She slept quietly and I did as well!
I will post some pictures soon...

1 comments:

mom m said...

It was great to see you guys! We really enjoyed the breakfast. Glad you made it home ok.