CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Addictions

Tonight, I decided to compile list of all of the things I am really "into" lately. Here goes:

1. The Twilight books. I've been pretty slow getting through these...school kind of got in the way. But once I start one, I can't stop reading it! Currently on book 4 of 4. And if you think that you are not into the whole "vampire" thing, think again! These books are not your typical vampire stories.
2. Starbucks Double Shot Light. Espresso and cream, I drink these whenever I need a good kick in the pants (over regular coffee) to get going with my day. They taste exactly like frapaccinos to me, but with 70 calories instead of 200, and way more zing!
3. Facebook. I'm on it every evening, you can count on it! How else is one to stay connected with 400+ people at one time! I love LOVE reading my friends and family members' status updates and I think its pretty cool that aunts, uncles, friends of my parents, parents of my friends, etc., etc., are joining up too!
4. Running. I got out of it for a while when I had that first dreadful month of school with two classes, but now that I am back up to snuff on my normal route again, I can't stop! It's officially part of my daily routine again, and I am feeling great these days, though maybe not looking it quite yet...
5. Stephanie Miller's podcast. Who would have thought that an AM talk show host could be so funny? (I podcast the show so that I don't take up oodles of bandwidth streaming it live at work.) She fits my sense of humor pretty much to a T! Progressive and quite the comedian, though perhaps a little immature at times. Yep, that's me! :) By the way, Miller is the daughter of the '64 Republican vice presidential candidate, as in the Goldwater/Miller team.
6. Denver's light rail. Well, I've only been on it once, but I can't think of a much better way to get to downtown Denver anymore, especially during rush hour. Matt and I will be using it again Saturday when we head to the Pepsi Center to watch the Nuggets in the NBA playoffs!

Addictions I'm Over:
1. Puppies. Ugh...Perdi is still putting us through the wringer with her early mornings and constant need to chew. I'm done with puppies for a long time, I hope!
2. School. Well, this is more of a forced addiction but I am happy to be done for the summer even though Purdue called today and practically BEGGED me to take a summer class. :) I would have done it too, if my advisor had ever officially approved the class as part of my POS (plan of study) and if I hadn't already convinced myself to take a break now while I can.
3. Skiing. No offense to the slopes, but I am ready for camping season, as I have said over and over. I'll take up skiing again this winter, I promise! But nothing compares to Colorado summers, in my opinion. Now if only we could find a good weekend for our first round of camping....

0 comments: