CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Upcoming Events

The Mountain Millards are about to embark on a crazy few days! Tonight when Matt gets off work, we are headed out for a late night drive to Kingman, KS. Unfortunately, it is not for happy reasons. We will be attending the funeral of Isabel Govert, my Grandpa’s second wife and my grandma for the past 14 years or so.
The trip will be quick, as Matt and I both need to be back in Denver for work on Friday. But I am glad it worked out for us to be able to go and help celebrate Isabel’s life. I remember back in early June 2006 when my Grandpa Walter died. It was a really hard time and it meant so much to me that Grandpa Govert and Isabel came to the funeral. I hope I will be able to offer that same support for my grandpa by being at Isabel’s funeral.
It is strange to think that Isabel is no longer with us. I can still hear her telling me stories about snakes, armadillos and other animals that regularly showed up on their farm. She loved to talk about the different ways my grandpa would kill those snakes (and TRY to kill armadillos). As Brennan told me during an online chat the other night “it was just a couple weeks ago that I was feeding her ice cream!” We will all really miss Isabel’s stories and bubbly personality.
_________________________________________

This weekend, we are lucky to have our next round of visitors. Arlene, Ron and Corky (the Yorkie!) will arrive on Friday evening and stay with us for the weekend! Matt and I are really looking forward to showing them our house, workplaces and city! We will also have a fun time watching Corky on Monday and Tuesday while they head to Estes Park. I really hope my dogs behave but I’m really only worried about Perdi, who is teething and tries to chew on just about anything she can these days, including Pongo’s collar. I just hope Perdi is not a brat to Corky. I know Corky and Pongo will be fine.
Speaking of Perdi teething, Matt happened to look in her mouth last weekend and discovered that her big permanent canine tooth has come in, but she still has her baby one! She has two long sharp canine teeth on one side! The funny thing is that the same thing happened to me as a kid. My top two permanent front teeth started growing in before I lost the baby front teeth. I imagine that my parents’ surprise when they looked in my mouth and saw that was the same thing Matt went through when he looked in Perdi’s mouth. Luckily, I already know that there is nothing we can do for Perdi…her baby tooth will fall out when its ready and the permanent one will move into place. I just hope she doesn’t need doggy braces, right dad? :)
I’ll update as soon as I can about all of our upcoming adventures.

0 comments: