CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adventures In Laundry

I am failing miserably at keeping up with the things in my life that need to be done. Some of this is not my fault, but most of it is. For example, blogging, keeping the house AT least picked up if not clean, staying on top of my school lectures...these are things that I can control but am doing bad at. The good thing is that Matt is working this weekend, so I will have plenty of time for all of that. I am averaging about 6 hours of sleep per night since Sunday night, so by the time I have run and taken the dogs out and gotten dinner, I am pretty much worthless. :)
The one thing that I tried to stay on top of was laundry. I didn't do any this weekend because Jake was here and I had much better things to do. However, I got my act together on Monday and put a load in, only to come back an hour later and find that the washer is no longer spinning or draining. It had already been leaking water out of the bottom, but I was making due with putting towels underneath it because it wasn't that bad.
So I had to pull sopping wet clothes out of the washer (and of course, these were sweatshirts and t shirts) and find places to hang them all in the house so they would dry and not get moldy. Ick! Taking still-dirty clothes out of icky water was not my idea of a fun Monday night! Matt and I do have a solution to this problem. We own a washing machine which we are storing in our garage. (The broken one belongs to our landlord.) However, I can not justify switching them out! It would be a lot of work and lifting, plus we are paying for the use of the current machine. So I filled out a maintenance request and faxed to the property manager yesterday. We have not heard anything yet...
I am hoping we don't have to wait too long for the washer to be fixed. We are already out about a week's worth of clean clothes. I may have to beg some of our Denver friends to let me do a load or two eventually to tide us over.
Okay, so that adventure was not as interesting as it could have been, but it's been the excitement in my life since the weekend.
Perdi has been up to no good and I should mention this too. She has found a way to get from our yard into every adjacent yard to ours! She and Pongo know where every loose board in the fence is and they utilize it. Pongo doesn't indulge in this as much. He is so mature now, and it's like he understands and obeys almost everything I say these days.
Hey, guess what is sneaking up on the Mountain Millards? OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY! We don't really have any plans since Matt is working. I'm kind of bummed about this, but it's still exciting to be celebrating a year already! Hopefully next year, we'll be on the same schedules and have time to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries together. Please wish Matt good luck on his upcoming interview if you see or talk to him! He is applying for a day position.
I am going to get out of the house Saturday to try spring skiing again with Nick and Carlene at A-Basin. I still have my season pass and Carlene has a free ski rental, so it makes sense. I'm just not really in the mood to be alone this weekend and it will be nice to ski with Carlene because I think we both like to ski a little slower.
I will do my best to keep the posts coming now that we are (hopefully) over our laptop issues! Sorry again for the drought lately.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Your are definitely the laundry queen. Life has never been the same since you left home.

Love, Dad