CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Trip Recap

We arrived home last night from our quick Kingman trip safely and at a respectable time. (9:30 pm) I’m really glad we left Kingman when we did though…we got home just before the rain started to turn to slush. All in all, we completed 13 hours of driving over a 24 hour time period. That left us 2.5 hours to sleep (we arrived at Grandpa’s farm at 6 am Kansas time, just as the sun was rising) and 8.5 hours to spend with family.
Despite the circumstances for our trip, it was great to see so many immediate and extended family members. It was also nice to spend so much time with my husband, even though we spent it driving. Hey, I’ll take whatever I can get these days! We also discovered that the Highlander converts to a pretty nice makeshift camper! (We were too tired to carry everything inside the house, so we just slept in the car with all the seats folded down.)
Today, we have a pure white winter storm raging outside. We are supposed to get 17 inches of snow in Centennial! I don’t really think that’s going to happen though, because we never end up with what they say. I’m not even sure why anyone bothers to forecast that much snow! But if we DO get that much, I will not be able to see Pongo and Perdi when I let them out in the backyard to do their business. : )
Anyhow, the arrival of this storm unfortunately caused us to lose our weekend visitors. It looks like we’ll have to wait a little longer to get Arlene and Ron (and Corky) out here, but it WILL happen. I am really disappointed in the timing of this storm…I was definitely looking forward to their time with us.
So that leaves me wondering what the weekend will bring. The storm isn’t supposed to end until tomorrow afternoon, so we’re pretty much stuck to the house. If I am a good student, I will finish my stats project that is due Thursday and catch up on a couple lectures.
One last thing: I just joined Twitter, so anyone who wants live “mini-blogs” of what I am doing at the moment should subscribe to the profile “lauramillard”. However, I update my status a lot on facebook, which is almost exactly the same thing as “Twittering”. I don’t know how many places I really want/need to broadcast my thoughts and activities, so we’ll see what happens with the whole Twitter thing.

0 comments: