CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Early February Photos

The first week of February was pretty uneventful. I apologize in advance for the lack of creative photos here today.


February 2: Bananas are the one food I eat every single day. However, last week i didn't gt to the store and so we didn't have any around. My body didn't like that much. I will make sure we have bananas from now on!




February 3: I have blogged about my love of doing laundry before. It's so weird and I can't explain it. It's just something that kind of relaxes me somehow. Maybe because it's so mindless.


February 4: Ok, there is one caveot to the whole laundry thing. I hate socks. I would prefer to leave them in a giant pile and never deal with them.

February 5: I went to Ft. Collins for a couple of days of sewing with Susie. The pups came along since Matt had to work. Pongo, again thinking he is human, decided he wanted to do some sewing as well.



February 6: I got quite a bit done with Susie's help. I finished sewing the top 4 blocks on. We went shopping for the rest of the materials and I got some black fabric for the edges, batting for the middle, and some soft gray fleece for the back. I still have to sew the layers together and then cover everything with a bias strip (some quilting lingo I learned). But the darn thing is looking great and it's so big I could barely get it all in one picture!
















February 7: Matt made his secret recipe! It was soooo good! He ended up making Shepherd's Pie with Andouille and Italian sausage as the meat layer. It also had another secret ingredient that made the whole thing extra amazing. I think I will keep that a secret for now.






February 8: We got a ton of snow. Some of the snow in this picture is from the previous two or three storms that haven't melted yet. But seriously, our little house might be buried soon if this keeps up!





February 9: We officially planned to head up to Copper this weekend so i thought I would post a picture from the last time we were there, just a few weeks ago!

























February 10: Today, I drove all over Denver to sell a couple of tickets to the KSU-CU game on Saturday. We had a bunch of extra tickets to this game and the Nebraska-CU game on March 5 because CU makes the KU fans buy two other games in addition to the KU game. It drives me nuts! But at least I was able to sell these. $45 bucks...yeah!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your t-shirt quilt!! I have a couple of the same tshirts in my quilt!! :) Neat!! BTW I hate laundry, could you come do mine?? Please!! :) Hope all is well!!

~~~Manda

mom m said...

Good pictures and commentary! I can so see Pongo at the sewing machine!! And your quilt is awesome! Glad you sold the tickets. Enjoy the skiing!

Casie said...

Love the quilt - especially the MHS P.E. T-shirt. Ah, memories. :)

Laura said...

I planned this quilt to be my pre-college memory quilt. I am going to make Matt a quilt next and then I will probably do a college one for myself. Hey, you can never have too many blankets, right??

Alissa said...

Wow, you're quick! That quilt is so cool, I've always wanted to do that! And I'm jealous, I wish I could try some of this andouille sausage recipe!!