CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Home Update

I have been antsy to spruce up our front entry hall. For one thing, it's just empty and unwelcoming. It also drives me nuts that shoes just pile up there. Not something that really welcomes people into the house. See for yourself!


Not very welcoming, am I right?





















Luckily, Matt and I happened to wander into World Market this weekend and found the perfect solution. It required me to drive to two different World Markets, on opposite sides of Denver. Matt had to do a little bit of work too. :)



Here is the finished product! A coat hanger, shelves, and matching bench/shoe holder. We are so excited about the outcome! Pongo didn't get off of the bench part all evening, so we know he loves it!

Close up of the shelving unit.



And the bench. Apparently, we will have to ask Pongo's permission to sit on the bench, since he has claimed it as his own already. I think it has been a successful decorating weekend!

3 comments:

mom m said...

It looks really good! I'm impressed that you could find something, agree on it, buy it, put it together and get it installed all in one weekend!! Good job!! Glad Pongo is enjoying it, too!

Brennan Walter said...

Wow! That looks great. Looks like Pongo has found his favorite spot outside of your bed.

Alissa said...

Oooo. I like it!! That's classy, pretty, and functional! You've been on a blogging kick, I must do better at checking now! :)