CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Years at Keystone

I'm slowly but surely catching up on blogs. I know I skipped a pretty major post; Christmas! Can you believe we didn't take a single picture? I seem to get my blogging inspiration from pictures, so I'm still trying to decide what to do about that one.
Anyhow, to celebrate the turn of the decade, Matt and I decided to head up to the mountains for some skiing, relaxing, and some COLD weather!


The worst part of skiing in my opinion, is riding the lift. It's so cold in the wind.


I spent a lot of time in the lodge. The snow conditions weren't great. It was pretty icy in some spots. I don't like ice...I can't control myself very well when it's like that and I just get really tired! Also, there were TONS of kids on my favorite run. They were stopped all over the slopes and it's hard for me to get going fast when I'm scared of running over one of them!



Cheers to a new year!



We look kind of dorky in our goggles, but it's so pretty on top of the mountain. Unfortunately, my goggles met their demise when we got home. Perdi found them on the couch and pulled all of the foam padding off from the edges! She is such a frustrating dog sometimes!


I will never get tired of this view!


After skiing, we went to our hotel, hopped in the hot tub for a little while and then showered and went out to a movie. We saw The Blindside, which was very good! I don't know...i didn't cry like I thought I would! All of the actors did a great job. Especially Sandra Bullock!
After the movie, we walked back to the resort and rang in the new year at the Kickapoo tavern, which is where we usually go after a day of skiing to unwind. It was really crowded, but lots of fun still. I was so tired though, so we left shortly after midnight and went to bed. We spent a few more hours on the first on the slopes before heading back to Denver.
I've been reading lots of "New Years Resolution" blogs. I thought about making one too, but I'm like most other people and am not very good at keeping new years resolutions. I've continued my running routine pretty consistently since April, so I don't want to jinx it with a resolution! :) I guess my other resolve is to put in as many hours at work as I possibly can to get our big project done by Apr. 1. It's going to take a huge effort, but I'm up for the challenge! Hey, it's only Wednesday and I've already banked 41 hours. (Granted, I worked the weekend so I could take Friday off for our return to KC.) Still, I am glad to have this goal in front of me and the extra income will be nice as we set our sights on buying a house.

1 comments:

Manda is Moooving and Groooving said...

You get to head back to Kansas?? I'm jealous!! Have a fun and safe trip, friend!!